RATINGS: 1009   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
GrooveDaddy (35) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
Had this on tap at Twisted Kilt in Birmingham, Alabama; enjoyed guzzling this with an Italian Sausage Sandwich while checking out the short skirt on this one chick who said she might be a stripper but then said she wasn’t, I don’t remember b/c I had drank a few with my younger bro, who was the designated driver, and was also kind enough to pay! This brew had a great, strong Heffe flavor to it, that made me want to come back for more (or was it just that I wanted to flirt w/the waitress again?). After that lunch, we drove down to some old property in Helena that our family owns, and we both had to piss like racehorses; we did so, and then checked out the ruins of the house our great-great grandfather built in the late 1800’s, next to the creek near the railroad tracks. My late grandmother used to tell me there were ghosts there that she hear back in the 1940’s, and that an old lady who used to rent the basement from the 50’s to the late 80’s used to "see spirits" on the property, but I suspect that the only spirits she saw were those of Mr. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, if you know what I mean. Anyway, after pissing out this delicious Hefewiezen (you only rent beer, you know), we explored further down the cliff by the creek than we had ever gone before (because our grandmother would start nagging us if we were to go past the rock that looks like a chair, that my grandaddy so eloquently dubbed "the Indian Chair". All in all, good Hefeweizen, good times, etc.

bdleedahl (600) - , Saskatchewan, CANADA - OCT 2, 2017
Nothing special, not a lot of complexity. Pretty much made for the masses. Bottle in berkeley ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

PugUglyBrewer (793) - - SEP 24, 2017
Hazy sunny golden orange color with a thin head of soapy white foam. Fruity pebble and wet straw aroma and flavor. A bit too sweet for a wheat on the end. Nonetheless a good hefe.

Shain (178) - ISRAEL - AUG 20, 2017
Bottle. Not really wheaty. Nice gentle bitter, good malt flavor, light grain flavor. Some acidity with citrus notes. Light hop flavor. Not a good example for a heffe, but a good beer overall.

Bill Becker (1809) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - JUN 22, 2017
On draught at Buffalo wild wings. Cloudy orange with a lot of foam. Decent lacing. Man is that nose light. Wheat, only hints of it really. As far as spices and fruits go, I don’t get any. Same goes for the taste. This is a Wheat ale not a Hefeweizen.

BeerRenter76 (1038) - Texas, USA - MAY 10, 2017
Originally rated on 1/23/09. The best thing about this is the appearance, it is a nice cloudy orange-amber with brown tinge. The aroma is almost non existant, except a little wheat pokes through. Flavor is kinda bland also with a hint of wheat and a little yeast. Overall its rather underwhelming

axl (1085) - Lund, SWEDEN - APR 15, 2017
Hazy orange with small slightly off white head. Aroma is yeasty with wheat dough, citrus and light cloves. Taste is wheat, yeast, slight dough and citrus. Medium mouthfeel, light to medium carbonation and light citrus wheat aftertaste.

sebastokrator (127) - - JUN 18, 2016
Pours a murky orange with white head that leaves some lacing. Smells of wheat, orange and lemon. Tastes bready with banana and some citrus notes. Mouthfeel is watery. Not exactly a stellar hefeweizen.

nybol (2354) - DENMARK - FEB 18, 2016
har smagen af banan uden at den har den bedske syntetiske smag. Så den passer næsten til smagen af hvedeøl.

ozzy70 (1283) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - DEC 22, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours hazy orange with thin off white head. Aroma was sweet, wheat, and grains. Taste was fruity but boring.

kkettler (26) - - NOV 21, 2015
Pours a very hazy golden orange with little lace. Aroma of muted citrus and soapy notes. Tastes of wheat and mild citrus. Not a very exciting beer for this style.