RATINGS: 1033   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

psychpunk99 (13) - California, USA - JUL 1, 2002
Good summer beer, but for a good hefeweizen stick with the German offerings.

Hefeinfektion (13) - Texas, USA - APR 2, 2004
Good cloudy appearance with an average, yet short lived head. Too much citrus. Lightly swirling the bottom 1/5 of the bottle before pouring does not result in a touch of sweetness on your lips that you get from quality hefeweizens. Finishes nicely.

milty908 (13) - USA - FEB 20, 2007
Still one of my favorite hefes. I like the drinkability and the lighter taste of the hefe. Great with or without lemon. Wheat taste really comes out, like drinking a fresh wheat roll. Refreshing and light while still very flavorful.

zxxzooz (13) - Berkeley, California, USA - APR 11, 2007
This is a pretty un-aromatic and bland Hef. Not especially sweet or tart on the nose and palate. Everytime i drink this beer i want it to have some exceptional quality, but I don’t get it. Just common.

postroad (12) - USA - MAR 21, 2010
After having quite a few wheat beers, I think this is actually pretty decent. an interesting take on a hefeweizen, with all of the characteristics I like in them and none of them I don’t like. Very cheap too, here in western washington.

peanutdj (12) - Las Vegas, - SEP 21, 2013
Picked up Pyramid Hefeweizen at a local grocery craft beer section. Opened and poured into a glass. Has a yellow haze color. But has a not so pleasant smell. Taste was not so good either. Would not recommend.

SudsyJason (12) - USA - JAN 25, 2005
Pours a nice cloudy dark straw, exactly what a hef should look like. Aroma is very mild, a slight acidity, but not much else. Could be too cold to get an aroma. Flavor is thin, uninspired, clean but not much there. Not something I go out of my way to drink.

aleindulger (12) - Venice, California, USA - FEB 17, 2004
The looks and squeeze of lemon makes this drink. Has a nice zesty taste, and a strong finish.

actone (11) - USA - MAY 4, 2006
I really enjoy this brew, I think it’s got a very smooth taste, and is fairly hearty.

phoenixgoa99 (11) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2002
it has a sweet after taste, and a good vibe in general