RATINGS: 1009   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

LakeHigh (31) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - OCT 19, 2011
This did’nt taste like a wheat beer to me. I expected somthing smooth creamy and a little sweet with scicey esthers. Mine was dry, very carbonated a little citrusy, and sharp tasting. My friend had one at the same time, and agreed. It wasn’t bad, it just didn’t seem to have very wheatie charachteristics

fistfull (30) - Halethorpe, Maryland, USA - NOV 1, 2009
The colour of pink grapefruit juice; so hazy you’ll never see through it (but understandable since it is unfiltered). The nose is clean but there is little aroma to ponder. The mouthfeel is nice but the flavor is uninspiring. This beer wuld be desirable as a thirst quencher on a hot day...not my favorite style of beer; it is what it is!

AcctError25141 (29) - 29 Palms, California, USA - SEP 16, 2005
real cloudy if i can remeber correctly that whoel night was kinda cloudy but all in all i remeber enjoying this beer for some reason it had a orange or lemon or some sort of fruit it in it.

JimboJones10001 (29) - - MAR 16, 2014
Somewhat sour middle note that adds to overall interest. Wife enjoyed greatly, I found more of a curiousity.

GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
Had this on tap at Twisted Kilt in Birmingham, Alabama; enjoyed guzzling this with an Italian Sausage Sandwich while checking out the short skirt on this one chick who said she might be a stripper but then said she wasn’t, I don’t remember b/c I had drank a few with my younger bro, who was the designated driver, and was also kind enough to pay! This brew had a great, strong Heffe flavor to it, that made me want to come back for more (or was it just that I wanted to flirt w/the waitress again?). After that lunch, we drove down to some old property in Helena that our family owns, and we both had to piss like racehorses; we did so, and then checked out the ruins of the house our great-great grandfather built in the late 1800’s, next to the creek near the railroad tracks. My late grandmother used to tell me there were ghosts there that she hear back in the 1940’s, and that an old lady who used to rent the basement from the 50’s to the late 80’s used to "see spirits" on the property, but I suspect that the only spirits she saw were those of Mr. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, if you know what I mean. Anyway, after pissing out this delicious Hefewiezen (you only rent beer, you know), we explored further down the cliff by the creek than we had ever gone before (because our grandmother would start nagging us if we were to go past the rock that looks like a chair, that my grandaddy so eloquently dubbed "the Indian Chair". All in all, good Hefeweizen, good times, etc.

javierbolanos (26) - Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2010
I feel lucky to find this beer at my local Club where mostly macro-bre fare is served. It has a nice look to it and it tastes great.

kkettler (26) - - NOV 21, 2015
Pours a very hazy golden orange with little lace. Aroma of muted citrus and soapy notes. Tastes of wheat and mild citrus. Not a very exciting beer for this style.

qwak (25) - Yokosuka, JAPAN - FEB 2, 2004
ceraintly not the best hefeweizen i've had, but still faitly good, saw it on the menu while on vacation in las vegas, decided to try it (didnt know it was a hefe, and from the description the waitress gave me, I thought it was going to be a corona clone, and that scared me, but i decided to try it), was served with a lemon. not great, but certainly worthwhile (especially when the only other beer on tap worth getting is guiness)

bpboland (25) - Niagara Falls, New York, USA - APR 24, 2005
Really cloudy. Faint aroma. It’s mild for a hefe, which is good cause hefes are often overpowering.

cavbeerscout (25) - Washington, USA - DEC 26, 2011
Good Beer 2nd Best Pyramid, Great with Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War 3 and Watching Shawshank Redemption