RATINGS: 1033   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

dankitydancer (58) - Arizona, USA - NOV 11, 2003
boo on this beer fromt eh usually reliable pyramid brew co..this hefe sucks it is flat and sour iwth a nice thick head but not much else cloudy and stale not a good one sorry

bradmccarroll (57) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JAN 4, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2007 Hints of banana in the aroma. A dark, cloudy, golden in hue with medium sweetness. Medium body, creamy, average carbonation, with a semi-bitter finish.

Herbicles69 (57) - Parker, Colorado, USA - AUG 18, 2014
Not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, it was a tasty brew, but I have had some incredible hefes the this doesn't touch. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ethomson (56) - Huntington Beach, California, USA - OCT 6, 2008
This beer is amazing of the tap, not so much in the bottle. Pours a hazy orange. The taste is bitter, you get a lot of wheat and some spice. It’s one tasty brew, especially with a wedge of lemon or my all time favorite, Hefeweizen with a wedge of orange, it really brings out the flavor.

badfinger (55) - Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Pours out cloudy, the first time you see it you wonder, but it is good, smooth, drinkable and you can drink it all day long..

JohnnyFlake (53) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - SEP 20, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2005 Bottle: The color is difficult to explain, it’s an off yellowish Gold and it’s very cloudy. It offers a nice creamy white head but it’s gone in less than a minute. The aroma is lightly fruity but no distinctions could be made. Mouthfeel is smooth and creamy but very light. The flavor is very light, with a touch of orange and banana, not very rewarding. Aftertaste is almost nonexistant! This beer does nothing for me, very boring!!!

bgoguen (53) - Colorado, USA - JUN 8, 2006
Only had the Apricot Ale until this one. Pours nice with a fluffy white head that dissipates after the first few sips. Perfect rich, cloudy golden-orange color. No stand-out aromas to speak of other than the basic yeasty, unfiltered wheat smell. No complex tastes either, but a good, clean, smooth heffe with a good palate. Goes down easy. I couldn’t stop myself from drinking it quickly. The first glass only lasted me about six minutes. This makes a great drinking beer for a reasonable micro price. I would buy it again.

lmahony199 (52) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2001
ok, filtered for american taste, boring flavor but nothing offensive

Yeahitsnolan (51) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JUL 23, 2006
12oz. Bottle. The aroma is a strong wheat smell and I was very excited about the taste. But I was disappointed in the small amount of flavor in this beer. It seemed they slightly missed the target.

themorningzoo (49) - Fairbanks, USA - APR 7, 2002
I had it with lemon so that does effect the taste but I enjoyed the malty flavor that it had. It didn’t knock my boots off but I would buy more for sure.