RATINGS: 855   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Winter Warmer. A rich, full-bodied winter warmer crafted in the British tradition of holiday beers. This deep mahogany colored brew balances complex fruit flavors with a refreshingly smooth texture.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Caramel 80L, Chocolate

Hops:
Nugget, Willamette, East Kent Goldings

OG: 17.3

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 3, 2003
2002 Bottle: Nice creamy head with a burgundy coloring. An extremely nice hop/malt balanced finish as compared to the quite sweet overpwering maltiness at first. I am quite impressed with this beer. I bought it about five months ago and even in that time it has mellowed out so much, definitely not like last year's batch. Somewhat of a sugary aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
I.C.suds (189) - Da U.P. eh?, Michigan, USA - FEB 28, 2003
Bottled in 1998, drank 2003. A TWIST OFF CAP! Dark, full bodied. A little on the sweet side. Not overpowered by the hops. I really liked the screw off cap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jurgen (7) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - FEB 18, 2003 does not count
The first taste left me for the first time with a beer with tears in my eyes and memories of... what? A wonderful beer. Smooth,spicy, well-balanced, with a perfectly stated bitter aftertaste. One would have to be completely jaded, I think, not to appreciate this one. Next year I'll hunt it down.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
3fourths (9208) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 16, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 3, 2014 Dark burgundy color, with faint aromas of roasted cherries. Full feel, with medium carbonation; tastes of sweet cherries, roasted wood, and spices. Palate is left feeling jumpy. What a nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2003
It's pretty good. I like the flavor. It is smooth and not too strong. It's one of the better winter brews out there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 29, 2003
Deep red-brown, with a thinnish beige head. Complex. A lot of malt, subdued hops, subtle roastiness, and some spices-- probably cinnamon, perhaps a tiny bit of cardamom, and orange peel. Good full-bodied smoothness. Excellent seasonal. My only peeve is the twistoff cap, which renders the bottle useless for homebrew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JAN 22, 2003
Dark, clear, and malty. Very dry finish. Excellent winter beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beerhound (16) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 22, 2003
I somehow missed out on all of the "Holiday Beers" this year, but my father-in-law was good enough to give me a bottle of Pyramid Snowcap Ale he had left over. This beer is a deep reddish, almost mahogany color with a dense beige head. The aroma contained a hint of spice, a promise of more to come from this winter warmer. This promise was more than kept when tasting the brew, as my taste buds were awash in a mix of fruity, hoppy, spicy goodness. Snowcap is not quite the assault on the senses as Anchor's Christmas beer can sometimes be, which I've described as a Christmas tree --lights and all-- in a beer bottle, and I found it to be very enjoyable. The only disappointment was that I only had one. Next year I'll have to get more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - JAN 21, 2003
Definite spiced aroma. More of a spiced red ale than anything. Not bad, but not great.