RATINGS: 834   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

3fourths (9341) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - APR 10, 2003
Clear copper. Bitter is just right; smells of moderately sweet hops, pineapple, and peaches. Taste doesn't deviate much from the aromas, and it turns out to be a very enjoyed IPA. I was suprised it was done so well by Pyramid.

Panzuriel (2238) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - APR 9, 2003
Nice golden color with a good head. Nice but very strong hop aroma. Somewhat heavy hoppy with acidic flavor leading. Dry finish.

RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2006 This beer has too many hops for my tastes. Really turned me off in the flavor department. Rerate: It has been 3 years since I last had this, and I actually enjoy this beer now. It is a very drinkable IPA, but it does have an agressive taste that does not get old.

GregClow (3402) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 5, 2003
Honey-gold colour with slight haze and a small white head. Strong and cloying hop aroma with heavy grapefruit notes. Flavour is quite astrigent, with a dry citric bitterness overpowering anything else that might be in there.

phillymonksman (60) - Ardmore, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2003
Appealing light cloudy appearance. Nice mild hoppy smell. Strong taste compared to smell. Pretty good but not great IPA. Some hops but not enough for me. Still a good beer.

Veldy (65) - Coon Rapids, Minnesota, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Very citrusy. There is a strong hop aroma, Columbus? Very good beer, but you must not try and drink it too cold. It is a little astringent and a bit over carbonated when cold. It is well balanced at normal serving temps.

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - FEB 16, 2003
Strong grapefruit aroma, cloudy and citrusy with a nice fruity head. Kind of a weak flavor at first. Almost a chalky aftertaste. This is not one of my favorites.

sloth (2905) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - FEB 10, 2003
Pours a darker shade of gold.Nice tight white head.Grainy nose with some fruitiness.Real clear.Sweet up front, full bodied.Good malt/hop balance.Has kind of a raw hop flavor going on.Slick finish.Long after taste.Alc. is not noticeable.Decent brew.

groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 4, 2003
Nice IPA... good NW hop character, but not very complex like the best IPA's. I gave a few extra points for the alc. content.

666seth (229) - California, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Well, mixed emotions. on one hand I like the "in your face" bitter kick of this one on the other hand I didn't like the malty sweetness. Still good though!