RATINGS: 822   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

kayjef99 (1) - Washington, USA - AUG 27, 2001 does not count
..................................................

trappist12 (199) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 27, 2001
Not the most complex IPA. But a very good six-pack to drink from through the week.

BeerLimey (2155) - California, USA - AUG 7, 2001
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2010 pretty straightforward for an ipa. it’s got the hops but not much body. i’d call it a hopped up blonde ale.

Kaya161 (1142) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 23, 2001
Hop nose and generally bitter. This beer reminds me of Redhook's IPA in that there is no real balance, but a dry overall bitterness. I would prefer more complexity.

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - JUN 9, 2001
A very tasty ale: minty/hoppy flavor, and surprisingly crisp and fresh. Vastly exceeded my expectations.

sallyclub99 (54) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUN 9, 2001
clean on the palate with a nice hoppy bite..................................

Stove Top (43) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - MAY 3, 2001
Not a bad IPA but when you have so many choices in the PNW this is one I would not recommend. Lacks a big hop taste although I do like the bitterness it has. If I was rating their IPA from more than a year ago when they used columbus and East Kent Goldings I would have scored higher...but since then they have changed their hops. (I believe it is exclusively Tomahawk Hops.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
This was a good little beer. Not as distinctive as Oregon Original I.P.A. But still a good beer. Could use more hops, and was pretty lack luster as far as standing out.