RATINGS: 837   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

zoidberg (25) - USA - APR 6, 2004
Draft, Pyramid Alehouse, Berkeley, CA. Nice IPA with a sort of dark straw/pale orange color. Hoppy and bitter with a lasting, medium-sized head.

grobeen (25) - , Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2009
Not the big bouquet of floral, citrus, greens I like to encounter in my IPAs, and less bitter as well. However, not a terrible IPA. Will drink when the greater IPAs are unavailable.

spnkyoumuch (24) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 28, 2005
Nice alcohol strength, well concealed. Bold color and flavors with a preponderance of bitterness. Not overly smooth or well balanced, but tasty and drinkable nonetheless.

milljame99 (24) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2004 Very bitter very hoppy beer. Has clear reddish orange body with large head. Finish is very bitter.

DrunkenLooser (22) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - APR 20, 2004
Although not as strong as I usually like my IPA, this one is pretty good. Has a slightly fruity taste. Very affordable as six pack.

LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 23, 2005
NIce spicy hop aroma. Good color. Good Hop Flavor. It seems a little light on body however for an IPA. Also it seemed a little over carbonated. A decent craft Amercian Style IPA

reus958 (21) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 12, 2014
Pours as a muddy amber, not particularly clear in an IPA glass. Very little hop aroma. Tastes very bitter with a little bit of malt flavors to back it. It’s like Pyramid added all hops early in the boil. This beer was a complete miss and disappointing for pyramid.

jds2008 (20) - Washington, USA - SEP 21, 2014
Coppery amber color with very fine cream colored head. Aroma is floral and "beery." Flavor is caramelly with floral notes, followed by really strong herbal bitterness. Tastes good, but too long of a bitter finish for me.

lordplayer (19) - Alabama, USA - AUG 27, 2005
I don’t like the twist off - actually I hate it. Medium, quickly dissipating head. The beer is noticeably less carbonated than most which is a nice change. Zesty, bitter hops reign throughout and the flavor lingers long after swallow. I picture hops in my head as I drink this one. India Pales are my favorite beers and this one doesn’t disappoint. I have others that I rate higher, but this is a nice IPA.

coldandhot99 (18) - Abingdon, Maryland, USA - APR 1, 2002
This isn’t one of my favorites thus far, but not bad at all. Has a nice golden color. Worth trying.