RATINGS: 836   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Alphadelic (2202) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 31, 2009
I found this a bit of a lowest-common-denominator of an IPA. Straight forward US hop with nothing hugely special about them. Very little malt base. Overfizzed too.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Gerbeer (3411) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 9, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2014 12 oz bottle. Pours amber with medium head and lots of carbonation. Aromas of malts and a touch of floral hops. Flavours are similar with significant bitter finish. Except for the bittering there is not much here

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Popoff91 (124) - Oregon, USA - APR 28, 2016
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2016 22-ounce bottle. Typical good floral IPA aroma. Not as bitter as some I have tried.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Kathy (241) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 7, 2002
Not much to it. Vague aroma thats slightly sour, and a flavor that tastes more sour than bitter. The hoppiness tastes canned, not very fresh. Little balance and little finish. Flat, sour, dull.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
hershiser2 (2590) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 29, 2004
Paid $1.59 for a 12-oz single. Cloudy golden amber, very small white head, but the head lasts. Hoppy & slightly skunky smelling, a hint of citrus, but it almost smells unbalanced to me. Yea, the taste is kinda unbalanced, but not horribly. Really hoppy up front, citrus in the middle, and then back to hoppiness, followed by a slightly skunky aftertaste. Uhhh... I don't know what to say about it's drinkability. It's definitely not a beer for me, but I'll finish it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 17, 2006
Typical color of an IPA. Smells like a wet dog with some hops. Can taste malt, hops and bitterness all dissapers way too fast. It does taste better than it smells.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 13, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2006 Sweet grapefruit aroma, blondish hue. Nice lacing on the glass. Bitter through and through, not much balance. I must say I am glad I bought a single of this one and not a six pack.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 24, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2007 Hard to explain the taste I get from this. Partially, it has the hoppy bite youd expect from an IPA. But it also has a smoothed-over, creamy, lavender feel on the palate. I dont hate it, but to me an IPA should be all bite, not creamy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gabemik (46) - Joplin, Missouri, USA - MAY 26, 2007
Weak for an IPA. But you wont mistake its style when tasting. Aroma lacks the strong floral sens typical of an IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
drfabulous (7211) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - AUG 26, 2008
"It’s a good session beer," I was told. What? Undrinkable. No beer in this beer. Where is the taste? I taste lots of water and Budweiser.