RATINGS: 822   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2007
terrible. At first scent, I was expecing hop aroma, not typical macro adjunct like sweetness. Taste was not much better. Kind of messy presentation with subdued hops, and a thin mouthfeel.

obguthr (6429) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - NOV 29, 2007
Woody and yeasty aroma or grapefruit. Cloudy amber color, thin head, good lacing. Bitter orange flavor with a lemon peel finish. I really didn’t enjoy this much at all. It’s bitter without a complimenting flavor and yeasty.

Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - JAN 16, 2008
Hmmmm....Was expecting quite a bit more from this one. It looks ok but amells just like a macro. I had to check the bottle to make sure it wasn’t. Just as disappointing taste wise. It tasted like a Budweiser to me. Maybe its the Centennial hops, I don’t know, but I bought 2 bottles and the other one is going in the trash. I didn’t like this one.

voota (765) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2008
Light copper with a white head. Aroma is fucky, rustic and tobacco like. There are all sorts of weird yeasty things and green fruits going on too. Medium body, flavour is all over the place, like the aroma.. lots of green fruit and a weird finish. So weird.

Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 21, 2003
Pours amber with white head. Has a not so great floral aroma. Bland sour hop flavor. No sir, I do not like this IPA.

bpreo (2849) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2012
Pyramid uses a tired old recipe for their Thunderhead IPA. Hoppy, bitter, boring.

JK (6192) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 11, 2004 I have been waiting to try this one for awhile and was planning on giving it a high score, but sadly it just isn’t good. The aroma is ok with some hops and citrus, and it looks good with cloudy orange coloring. But the flavor is of very strong and very bitter hops, so strong that is ruins the taste. I hope I just got a bad bottle.

Wareham (3) - Washington, USA - MAR 23, 2010 does not count
Aroma: Noticeable absence of anything resembling a hop aroma. More dirt and straw odors than anything. Lots of swirling needed to get a hop nose. Appearance: Even medium-gold color. Taste: Metallic front leads to medium hop and then finish is extremely bitter and lingers very long and harshly. Palate: Medium astringency from hops. Good medium-bodied mouthfeel. Overall: Pass, it’s not worth the sale price.

Smurf2055 (1400) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 27, 2013
Bland smell. Murky and fizzy appearance (like a wheat beer). Slightly bitter taste, not a lot of depth. Drinkable. My craft beer friends all hate it, and my non-craft beer friends all hate it, not sure where the appeal is on this. Maybe for wannabe beer snobs?

reus958 (21) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 12, 2014
Pours as a muddy amber, not particularly clear in an IPA glass. Very little hop aroma. Tastes very bitter with a little bit of malt flavors to back it. It’s like Pyramid added all hops early in the boil. This beer was a complete miss and disappointing for pyramid.