overall
RATINGS: 63   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Blind Salamander Pale Ale is a blend of the finest pale malts and East Kent Goldings hops. The fine balance of these toasted caramel malts and earthy hops makes Blind Salamander an easy drinking and satisfying ale.

BelgianBeerGal (4122) - Panama City, Florida, USA - NOV 26, 2008
Draught at Flying Saucer. Very balanced beer that went down super smooth. Nice amber colour and malt backbone in the flavour. Extra points for donating $ to the wildlife foundation.

TChrome (1480) - North Richland Hills, Texas, USA - NOV 26, 2008
Beer pours amber red color with a generous, off white retained head. Why is a brewery in Fort Worth making an English pale? I was looking forward to some decent hop aromatics and bitterness, but not here. Instead what we have here is a carmel malt focused beer with nary a hop in sight. I’m sure there in there, just not in the proportion I am looking for. Decent but not compelling in any way.

BMan1113VR (7930) - Los Angeles, California, USA - NOV 17, 2008
Bottle shared with ilovedarkbeer. Pours with a small, off-white head that leaves good lacing and retention. Clear deep amber body. Aroma of dark fruits, light EKG hops, lots of bready malts and a couple of berries. Taste is malty bread and a bit husky at that with a light yeasty astringency. Lightly carbonated and a water like mouthfeel.

ilovedarkbeer (2747) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - NOV 16, 2008
Bottle from BMan1113VR. Dark amber color with a small creme colored head. Nose: wet malt, brown sugar, yeast. Taste is the same slightly watery and pretty well balanced with a bitter finish. Highly quaffable. I am a big fan of the English styles.

TizzleJizzle (792) - Garland, Texas, USA - SEP 26, 2008
I’m not a big pale ale fan, but I did like this brew. Thanks to a friend at the brewery for letting me try the Blind Salamander. It had the East Kent Goldings hoppy aroma and the ECM is on the dark for the style. A significant amount of Special B malt yields a significant caramely flavor, and it was smooth on my palate. Overall this is an above average beer for this style and you should defiantly try it considering its "rare breed" status.