overall
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Rahr’s Iron Thistle - Scotch Ale

Fratto (2845) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2009
I loved this. I can’t decide whether I like this or the Belhaven better. I had them back to back and I still can’t decide. This beer leaves a fantastic taste in your mouth for literal minutes after each sip. Apparently I’m a Rahr fanboy now.

Cavie (4837) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JAN 27, 2009
Tried on tap @ Ginger Man in Fort Worth. Beer has a dark appearance with a rosy hue. Thick, foamy head sustains for several minutes. The aroma was soft and subtle, and warms the nose. Initial taste was a soft bitter flavor mixed with caramelized malts. It had a thick feel over the tongue and finished rather dry with a sustained sensation of tingling in the center of the tongue. Overall this was a fine specimen that can only be found on tap. Rahr has done it again!

nathan30533 (1022) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - NOV 17, 2014
This is great beer. I’m enjoying the Scottish ale style as this beer is sweet and smooth. Looks geeat. Taste great. Very enjoyable ale.