overall
RATINGS: 188   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Rahr's Red is a delicious, medium-bodied amber beer. As it crosses over your tongue, you'll notice a bit of caramel-like malt character. You'll also notice a slight hops bitterness-there to remind you that despite its subtle flavoring Rahr's Red is a Texas beer.

mrohia's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mrohia (283) - Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2013
Hyatt Regency, Dallas. Draft. Just ok in every way. Fizzy mouthfeel. Fizzy head. No palate. Little aroma. Weak. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Cowboy2131 (2) - - DEC 31, 2017 does not count
Ok so I saw this beer at my local bar and I had never really had this beer!! Because I am a proud Texan I had to try this one. I had never tried a red beer either... now let's get down to the nuts and bolts.... color is an amber color lots of carbonation. Head settles to bout 1/8 inch. Reminds me of a bock beer. I like it try it you might too. Cheers ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Aggiebob (1391) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2017 Draft. It poured dark amber with an off-white head and minimal lacing. The aroma is malty with notes of caramel. It is slightly bitter. Ok amber.

gkeh (485) - Texas, USA - OCT 3, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2017 crystal clear amber pour. medium bodied, but crisp. malty with a clean bitterness. nice.

JohananaV2 (278) - Hurst, Texas, USA - JUL 7, 2017
I just can't get down with red beers. If you make a strawberry blonde and do a half and half red and blonde it's ok but normally the red is not something I go after. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Zymurgeist2 (2439) - Redwood City, California, USA - APR 4, 2017
Tap at Iron Cactus in Dallas. Not very interesting with minimal malt. Everything is restrained with no real off flavors. Meh.

Sledutah (7978) - Utah, USA - NOV 20, 2016
12oz bottle from a grocery store in TX
Pours clear amber with a small off-white head, light lacing. Aroma of toasted malts, caramel and bready. Taste is malty, caramel, nutty and mild bitters
Ok

KevinReddirt (238) - Midland, Texas, USA - NOV 9, 2016
This brew pours a light red, I expected something a little bolder. And perhaps I anticipated a bolder taste too because of red ales I have had in the past. This Red is somewhat malty finishing with some caramel. Not going to reach out and grab you but not bad. But not a beer I will seek out. I prefer a more aggressive taste.

Evolutionary (540) - Ohio, USA - JUN 11, 2016
Tap at Dallas airport. Pour is red amber and head fades quick. Nose matches style, nothing more. Body is lite and easy, with malt dominating a pretty simple Mix. Smooth and would be good on a hot Texas day. Would have again but won't seek out.

Fatehunter (2641) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - MAY 26, 2016
Thin head on a clear dark body. Aroma is mild something. Taste is mild caramel and hay. Easy but mild.

MrBeerFanatic (1076) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 2, 2016
Deep amber with a boozy head. Aromas grassy, light herbal, light caramel and toffee. Flavors grassy, light toffee, light caramel, lil nutty. Light to medium sweet. Little dry finish.