overall
RATINGS: 188   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Rahr's Red is a delicious, medium-bodied amber beer. As it crosses over your tongue, you'll notice a bit of caramel-like malt character. You'll also notice a slight hops bitterness-there to remind you that despite its subtle flavoring Rahr's Red is a Texas beer.

Aggiebob (1322) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2017 Draft. It poured dark amber with an off-white head and minimal lacing. The aroma is malty with notes of caramel. It is slightly bitter. Ok amber.

gkeh (486) - Texas, USA - OCT 3, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2017 crystal clear amber pour. medium bodied, but crisp. malty with a clean bitterness. nice.

JohananaV2 (278) - Hurst, Texas, USA - JUL 7, 2017
I just can't get down with red beers. If you make a strawberry blonde and do a half and half red and blonde it's ok but normally the red is not something I go after. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Zymurgeist2 (2385) - Redwood City, California, USA - APR 4, 2017
Tap at Iron Cactus in Dallas. Not very interesting with minimal malt. Everything is restrained with no real off flavors. Meh.

Sledutah (7890) - Utah, USA - NOV 20, 2016
12oz bottle from a grocery store in TX

Pours clear amber with a small off-white head, light lacing. Aroma of toasted malts, caramel and bready. Taste is malty, caramel, nutty and mild bitters

Ok

KevinReddirt (226) - Midland, Texas, USA - NOV 9, 2016
This brew pours a light red, I expected something a little bolder. And perhaps I anticipated a bolder taste too because of red ales I have had in the past. This Red is somewhat malty finishing with some caramel. Not going to reach out and grab you but not bad. But not a beer I will seek out. I prefer a more aggressive taste.