RATINGS: 225   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Rainier beer brings together nature’s bounty from the great Northwest. Pure spring waters combine with golden barley and verdant hops to produce a beer rich in taste and texture. Fermented slowly with a pedigree yeast culture under tightly controlled conditions, Rainier comes forth with a satisfying malty flavor over a slightly fruity background, spiced with Chinook, Mt. Hood, and Willamette hop notes.

OldMrCrow (2446) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 15, 2015
Can with lunch at Mod.

Watery, corn-sweetness forward. A classic shit-American-lager, basically. My Aussie friend felt right at home.

CanIHave4Beers (4227) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - AUG 28, 2015
Thanks to Stalincat for this long awaited tick!
Pours perfectly clear & pale with a pretty small but well retained head,.

The aroma is sweet and doughy with a little bit of corn, there’s not a whole lot else going on here though.

The flavor is pretty nice, it’s a little bit warm on the alcohol presence and it’s got some doughy sweetness, but it’s decently crisp and there aren’t a lot of objectionable flavors, the fruity hop character is extraordinarily muted but this has a more interesting hop character than a lot of other pale lagers of it’s pedigree.

It’s actually extremely easy to drink.

Sarlacc83 (2290) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2015
Slumming it! On tap. A: Dark straw color, thin white head. N: Grist, earth, a hint of minerality, slight hopping lends some leafiness. Some peppercorn and regular corn. T: Sweet and a touch bitter. M: Light body, soda like carbonation, no alcohol. O: It is cold and it is cheap. (2 bucks). Not a bad quaff really. It’s malty but inoffensive when near freezing.

andrewje41 (4278) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - AUG 18, 2015
Milestone beer time! I think I’m gonna start doing cool beers for my every 100, and it starts now. 24 oz man can that I didn’t bother pouring. I wanted to enjoy this the way this can is meant to be enjoyed. Soft hop aroma. To be honest, nothing about this beer offends me. Flavor is very light, but the taste is in no way bad to me. Smooth flavor and a sweet finish. I like to think I’m still enjoying a local beer. It’s definitely a local favorite beer, and it’s hard to go far without someone ordering it. I just don’t think I ever had it before today. First time for everything. Not bad.

Frank (4236) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 17, 2015
I have tried the legendary Rainier Ale so this beer came to me w/ high expectations to say the least. This is a bright pale golden head w/ a voluminous but relatively short lived head, which is par the course for the style. This one smells pretty nice right off the bat. It’s got a crisp, grassy hop smell with a non-specific grainy character that I consider to be the cheap beer smell. While I’d say this is nice overall, it is slightly marred by a light metallic note. It additionally has a light bit of sweetness which combined w/ relatively mild carbonation does not quite provide the crispness I like to see in a good American lager. Still, this is a pretty reasonable beer to drink under pretty much any circumstances. I’d imagine it would pair well w/ steak or Cheetos or other things that are good to eat. You could drink it on a mountain or in a boat maybe. I dunno. Fucken cheap beer is pretty great though.

Homer321 (5194) - Melboring, Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2015
Can thanks to Frank. 16ozer! White can with red letters. Gold top. Nose is strong in corn and moderate with a fruity apple like ester. Taste is gawd awful candied apple flavor. Painfully highly carbonated. This is only tolerable because Frank bonused it to me IP at @@ron’s wedding. Starts to be tolerable in most aspects except carbonation after several sips. I’m not sure if off flavors are better or worse than flavorless.

dekester1 (370) - Town of Maple Creek, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 1, 2015
Poured a pale yellow with minimal head and lacing. Aroma was of malts and grains - slightly prune-like. Taste was a combination of malts, grain and light prune. Palate was thin. Overall, a fairly typical pale lager.

seymour (2120) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - JUN 25, 2015
Shared at the Maplewood Concert In The Park last night, thanks! Poured from a can into a plastic cup, a crystal-clear light golden colour with sudsy, lasting white foam. Sure, this is a crappy adjunct lager, but it actually wasn’t nearly so bad as I expected. Mostly neutral, clean graininess, light corn. Ever-so-slightly noticeable citrusy and earthy hops, which is more than you usually get with this kinda stuff. Light body, strong carbonation, bone dry finish. Ice cold like this...at an outdoor concert on a hot summer night...you could do a lot worse.

Seahawks206 (2) - - MAY 17, 2015 does not count
This beer won’t appeal to most craft brew IPA fanatics who seek a strong bitter flavor and dark froth. However, I still sense that this beer is at least leaning in the direction of "Yakima Valley Hops" relative to other light brews. The flavor is slightly hoppy, and you can taste some northwest style if you look for it. Once in a while I actually crave this.

Capa (3448) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - APR 18, 2015
Snagged a 24oz can of this "mountain fresh beer" to go with dinner tonight. Drank from the can so it looks like a can. Slight hop presence in the aroma. Flavor is similar with low key sweet Malta and some bread. Surprisingly smooth and not half bad, actually. I wouldn’t mind drinking more of this one so much.