overall

RATINGS: 351   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Caramel brown with a hint of chocolate, Brewhouse Brown melds four kinds of malt to create a satisfying, thirst-quenching brew. Best enjoyed at 55 degrees, this ale is slightly rich and roasty, yet leaves a dry finish. It is the perfect companion for a hearty meal.

donovan (1) - Buda, Texas, USA - SEP 28, 2005 does not count
The best Brown I have had in years! This Brown has a perfect blend of chocolate and the aroma is just splendid. My plan was to try others beers the day I found this beer, but I was stuck on this one.

jriggenbach (9) - Houston, Texas, USA - FEB 23, 2007 does not count
A little-known gem. Probably the best beer brewed all year round in Texas.

fmrusmcrntx (5) - Llano, Texas, USA - FEB 10, 2013 does not count
Excellent Brown Ale, very much like some of the fine "Scottish Brown Ale" that I’ve drank. RABC does this one right as well! :)

Talcagirl (25) - - AUG 30, 2014
A souvenir from crazy Texas expedition.Lovely, long lasting creamy head. A bit sweet aromas,but the taste is well balanned, very velvet, smooth. Coffee and toffee taste, but not to sweet. I am sure this is an excellent beer for long winer months...

BT (127) - Westchester, Illinois, USA - AUG 23, 2010
caramel, roasty, nuts, brown, red, clear, medium sweetness, full body, thick feel, average carbonation,

TexasAggie12 (64) - Burnet, Texas, USA - APR 20, 2006
Nice dark pour.Has a sweet roasted malt aroma. Sweet malt and hoppy flavor, that stays on your tongue. Has a little bitter finish. This is the brown ale I drink almost everyday here in Texas.

andrewlol (63) - san antonio, Texas, USA - AUG 21, 2012
I don’t know, there was something about this one in particular that came with the 3 different variety pack. I absolutely loved it, dark brown and a little malty. Chocolate and a little roasty. I would definitely buy it again, in fact I have.

HulkamaniacUM (43) - Oxford, Mississippi, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Great brown ale. Hits your pallet like a stout with a great bitter bite and soothing nutty body. Finishes with some roasted coffee tones. Really, really good brew.

wickedpete (636) - Lexington Park, Maryland, USA - SEP 8, 2008
Thanks to Ben for this one. Nice dark brown color with a tall thick creamy head that leaves soapy lacing on the glass. The aroma is nice and malty, a bit nutty, lightly roasted. Delicious lightly chocolaty body, sort of semi-sweet with more touches of nuts. A wonderful full flavor and a perfect medium body. This might be the best brown ale I’ve had.