overall
RATINGS: 222   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Slightly sweet with a medium body and smooth creamy head.

TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - MAR 2, 2003
Beautiful golden color. This is where the kudos ends. It tastes EXACTLY like Yuengling. Thus we can go as far to say that the aroma was a tad nil, it laced well, and basically tasted like carbonated, liquid egg salad.

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2003
This is one of the best brweries to go through, I had a chance to go there quite often when I lived in Atlanta. All I have to say is this a good beer to start off the night, or just for causual drinking or shooting pool. An Ambiance brew.

jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JAN 13, 2003
Not enjoyable to drink at all. I’m not sure what is going on in this beer but it wasn’t nice to my mouth. Not...not good.

NDmullet (208) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - NOV 7, 2002
Looks like iced tea, and kind of smells like it too. Really sweet, one dimensional aroma, not really offensive, but boring. A bit of nutty, dryness shows up, but nowhere near enough to save this one. Pleasant, bordering on cloying, and lacking in balance.

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - OCT 9, 2002
This is the beer equivalent of being stuck in traffic for two hours with the only scenery being strip malls and apartments. In other words, it captures the essence of Atlanta.

Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 29, 2002
The malt character in this one is highly unusual; Jacob called it wet dog, I’ll call it stale cardboard with a touch of hop and sawdust. Good mouthfeel, fairly well made...just...unusual. And not that tasty.

CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - SEP 5, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2005 Dark copper with a frothy light tan head. A smooth very drinkable beer, but it has a slightlty watered down after-taste. Not as much malt in the flavor as the aroma insinuates but has a touch of smoke, and is slightly sweet.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - AUG 21, 2002
the color is clear amber, the head is adequate, the lace in sheets, the color beige to light chocolate. Nose is malt, sweet, hints of caramel, the front is sweet. top is light, the finish has a nice hop presence, lightly dry, acidic, and a decent drinking beer, maybe a tad sweet for me, but all in all a decent beer. Ranks #803 on my current 1000 beer master list.

belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - AUG 9, 2002
This beer tasted and smelled like like a melted piece of toffee/caramel. Not a lot of balance.

aracauna (3606) - Georgia, USA - MAY 27, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2005 This is much better that my original rating 2 years ago. In fact, it’s so much better, that I deleted the original rating completely instead of doing my usual addendum to the original rating. I had originally given this beer a 2. The body is a clear copper with a small, short-lived white head. The aroma has a bit of toast and a follow up of caramel. The flavor is light, but not bland with a surprisingly blatant bitterness that melds into the carbonation to tingle the tongue. There’s a suggestion of tartness that starts to build but never quite activates the sour receptors on the tongue. Overall a pretty decent beer. It’s apparently got that hop that leaves me with creasote burps. I wish I knew what hop that was.