overall
Brewed by San Miguel
Style: Imperial Pils/Strong Pale Lager
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines

RATINGS: 420   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Experience that distinctive full-flavoured taste and extra satisfying strength of a world class premium beer.

Brewed in several San Miguel facilities across East Asia. ABV varies - 6%-8%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Rasmus40 (18815) - Beder, Aarhus, DENMARK - JAN 12, 2013
Bottle @ fonefan tasting. Clear yellow with a white head. Aroma is sweet, malty and a little corn. Flavor is medium sweet and light bitter. Sweet finish. 120113

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
saxo (17639) - Hjbjerg, Aarhus, DENMARK - JAN 12, 2013
Bottle @ fonefan berliner weisse, cream ale multistate tasting. Medium head with medium duration. Color is golden. Aroma and taste are malt, alcohol and hops. Boring.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MichaelAwesome (6497) - Wanne-Eickel, GERMANY - JAN 8, 2013
Bottle shared with McTapps. Pours in like a bohemian pilsner. Sone malt in aroma and taste and some sweetness. Quite easy going for that high abv.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
McTapps (6690) - Reutlingen, GERMANY - JAN 8, 2013
Bottle shared with MichaelBruch. Deep golden in colour, low head. Nose of malt, simple body. Taste of low malt, grass, leaves and hops. Slight bitter finish. Seems more like a Strong Pale Lager than a Malt Liquor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
rubbishystuff (2424) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 1, 2013
From BandC. One of those beers from a mix-a-6 that you get home and say why the hell did I mix in this? Flash forward, New Years eve dinner looked to be a depressing affair, left-overs or the crappy Chinese take out place down the street. I figured what a good time for some malt liquor. Well, everything turned out better than expected. The Chinese place must have gotten a new chef and as for the beer although the aroma was bad and the palate a bit watery, Red Horse wasnt that bad. Much better than the malt liquor like OE800. Slightly grassy and not much cereal taste. Serving: Bottle

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Scrapersnbeer (1532) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 28, 2012
Stinky vegetable stew aroma...like rotten broccoli or something. Average lager appearance. Very neutral tasting beer...kind of sweet but not sickeningly so like you might gather from the scent. Not boozey either. Way to0 drinkable...it will drop you like Manny Pacquiao. Better then US-made malt liquors except the smell, although also less potent.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Idiosynkrasie (6981) - Bielefeld, GERMANY - DEC 16, 2012
330ml bottle. Clear golden colour with small, frothy, collapsing, white head. Aroma of wet straw with some alcohol in the background. Taste is sweet jelly baby mass, strawy aftertaste. Disastrous.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
77ships (8757) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - DEC 5, 2012
500 ml. bottle purchased at a semi-local Asian supermarket thx. for the tip Belgbeergeek as to where I could find this because this beer finally concludes my goal of trying all 73 styles on RB. Malt Liquor is the last one to go I suppose I saved the best for last I have been hearing and reading up some wonderful things about this style. Honestly if I were to rate according to style as opposed to my personal perception of the taste, I should just check how terribly drunk this will make me compared to the cost of this beverage and score it according to that. As far as the price is concerned, taking the bottle size into account, this was still noticeably more expensive than the other macro Asian beers at the store, I suppose the elevated alcohol percentage should even things out. I must say that I do not find 6.9 % all that high for a beer living in Belgium, I would still classify this as a lower to medium alcohol beer honestly. Obviously for the Philippines this carries a very high alcohol percentage but honestly if getting violently drunk was my goal which I assume is the inherent purpose of this beer there are far cheaper and faster ways of accomplishing this. Vodka for instance comes instantly to my mind or is doing this with beer more socially acceptable, frankly seeing how drunk people often get, I do not see why getting lightly drunk on a hard liquor is frowned upon more than getting comatose drunk on beer but that is just me I suppose. Packaging wise I must note that the brown glass looks suspiciously cheep to me it is just so transparent I am having difficulties to believe that upon transport that this beer didnt have to bear extraordinary amounts of light, frankly I am a bit scared of consuming this. The bottle promises me that distinctive full-flavoured taste and extra satisfying strength of a world class premium beer which slightly comforts me and makes me feel once again like an alcoholic (I am referring to the phrase extra satisfying strength). The cap mysteriously mentions Oktoberfest 2012, the BBF date 04/09/2013 (way more than expected) and hilariously enough for domestic sale only :) The ingredients are water, malt contains any of the following cereals, sugar, starch hops. Curiously no mention of yeast but I have seen this before with some other macro beers, apparently yeast can be omitted as an ingredients, I assume that even they still used yeast to brew this. RB hilariously suggests a paper bag as the correct way of serving this but not having one on hand, I opt for a Lager glass. Crystal-clear straw golden, light shade of amber, white head vanishes to almost nothing quickly. Sweet cereal, starch, apple juice, sweet grains, hay, light butter & candy sweetness. Taste is bitter grains, watery, almost metallic, grains, light floral, grass, real grass, after watery middle it goes back to a typical lager, grains, grass, light metallic finish, small pause & then comes this interesting sweetness it is like candy, butter, peanut butter, white twix, corn, yeah not sure how to place it, is the starch must be starch? This beer is like unpleasant unpleasant short interesting candy taste. Only lightly watery typical pale lager body no noticeable booze. This style is no wore than the regular pale lager stuff, brief interesting sweetness as bonus. Like this more than a factory macro pale lager. It is not getting me drunk enough though & all styles are done now :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
DietPepsican (1586) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - NOV 30, 2012
gold pour with a large white head. Green apples all over this one. Lots of skunk too somehow even in a brown bottle. Bursting carbonation. Lots of basement funk. Sweet. Too sweet. Reminds me of an imperial lager, not a malted liquor scroll past.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
LBarouf (127) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 10, 2012
1000ml bottle in Puerto Galera Ok, this is terrible. No flavour at all, just taste like lighter fluid, or horse piss with pure ethanol. Truly terrible. And when its 40 degrees outside, a really strong beer is not my bag, specially a bad one without taste at all. If Horse piss and rubbing alcohol sounds good, you may be homeless.