Red Oak Blackbeard Double Bock

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

Most RecentTicked By

oldpainless (34) - fort mill, South Carolina, USA - SEP 28, 2007
I thought this was called blackbeard...? Anyway I had about 22 pints of this beer several years ago at wolfman pizza in pinville NC. (thanks Vic), so my memory may be failing but as I recall. Deep ruby/brown in color Thin head Full bodied & bold w/ no aftertaste bitter but that is good in many cases

wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - FEB 18, 2006
Draught. Small, off-white head, deep ruby color. Aroma is faint caramel and slightly fruity. Flavor is stronger in caramel than aroma, faint chocolate, but I can’t really say that I taste the blackberries. Not great, but not too bad for red oak (NO SKUNK!). Caramel in aftertaste, alcohol prevalent there too.

grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 25, 2006
Dark mahogany with crimson edge. Cream colored head. Nose is a fruity, acidic sweetness. blackberries are evident but very natural not anything chemical at all. Battery acid tanginess and bitterness are slightly present in the nose. Malty chocolate and corn backbone. Flavors are immediately tart. Bitter and acidic. This, i was left to assume, was the blackberries. Earthy, tanginess with a faint blackberry juice, seed bitterness thing going on. Beautiful looking brew.