overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2363   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - OCT 3, 2003
Not bad at all. Looks like Budweiser. Pretty decent though. It tastes unlike anything I have had before. Almost no head and even less tapestry. Pretty sweet, but finishes slightly bitter and pretty dry. I enjoyed it, but at this price, almost wish I has just bought some bottles of Budweiser.

aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2003
This golden lager pours with a thin white head that quickly fades and becomes only a memory, leaving no hint that it ever existed. The smell was also very faint, with a grassy malt smell somewhat detectable. The taste was crisp, and strong on malt sweetness. The finish was a little dry, like flat champagne, and tasted very acidic. It made my throat feel like I was drinking strong lemonade. The mouthfeel was adequate, but the finish was too dry.

0.9
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - SEP 20, 2003
I will never drink this again! I got suckered by the commercials but all I can say is that I will drink Budweiser over this any day, and I don't like Budweiser. The bottle looks great and I saved one to use as a vase but the beer pours a thin pale yellow with a 1/2 second white head, no lacing, and gives off a chemical and rice aroma that lingers in the aftertaste and further offends by being overcarbonated. I won't drink most macros or light beers but I imagine they all to taste like this. The sad thing is that I wanted to like this beer because of the advertising and the bottle design. If this was the only beer at a party I would spend the evening drinking water mon.

jek803 (41) - USA - SEP 16, 2003
Color, aromoa, taste palate, and finish are the same as any US Macro. I had it on a cruise in the Carribean. When served cold, and you're having a great time, it's a good session beer.

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2003
Straw colored with a short-lived white head. Some hops and malt in there. A decent beer on tap while in Jamaica, but it's pretty funky here at home.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2003
Bright straw color and sudsy head. Hop fragrance and funkiness plus sweet pale malt aroma. Fruity malt body and a slightly sweet finish with some floral hops. Palate is light-bodied, somewhat watery, and fizzy. Inoffensive but totally lacking in zest.

noheinie4u (37) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Not good...I would describe the as closer to fruity than anything else, but it's not really that either...enjoy the commercials more than the beer itself...

TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - AUG 24, 2003
meh. light body. aroma was bitter. not much going on at all. possibly ginger in the body? whats the point?

garrison (812) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 22, 2003
It's really just another drinkable, light-bodied summer beer from the tropics... there's nothing special about Red Stripe. It seems to go well as a party beer, however.

1.1
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 21, 2003
Capping off a trifecta of horrid beers in one night with everyone's favorite Jamaican beer. Got handed this one before the end of the night, at least it's drinkable. One point for the bottle design.