overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2301   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

direwolf600 (37) - Philadlephia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Tasty and generally satisfying but far short of a great beer. Love the bottle though.

gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - OCT 6, 2003
I was NOT impressed with this, especially after forking out $8.50 for sixer. Poured pee-pee yellow and thin, little aroma, and the flavor left much to be desired. Mouthfeel was average, and finish was lacking.

elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Looks, smells and tastes like a typical macro, but doesn't even measure up to Budweiser. Drinkable in the right situation, but not worth paying a premium for.

dwyerpg (6290) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 4, 2003
Pours and looks like your typical bad beer. Thankfully it tastes better than it looks. Reminds me of Corona.

DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - OCT 3, 2003
Not bad at all. Looks like Budweiser. Pretty decent though. It tastes unlike anything I have had before. Almost no head and even less tapestry. Pretty sweet, but finishes slightly bitter and pretty dry. I enjoyed it, but at this price, almost wish I has just bought some bottles of Budweiser.

aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2003
This golden lager pours with a thin white head that quickly fades and becomes only a memory, leaving no hint that it ever existed. The smell was also very faint, with a grassy malt smell somewhat detectable. The taste was crisp, and strong on malt sweetness. The finish was a little dry, like flat champagne, and tasted very acidic. It made my throat feel like I was drinking strong lemonade. The mouthfeel was adequate, but the finish was too dry.

0.9
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - SEP 20, 2003
I will never drink this again! I got suckered by the commercials but all I can say is that I will drink Budweiser over this any day, and I don't like Budweiser. The bottle looks great and I saved one to use as a vase but the beer pours a thin pale yellow with a 1/2 second white head, no lacing, and gives off a chemical and rice aroma that lingers in the aftertaste and further offends by being overcarbonated. I won't drink most macros or light beers but I imagine they all to taste like this. The sad thing is that I wanted to like this beer because of the advertising and the bottle design. If this was the only beer at a party I would spend the evening drinking water mon.

jek803 (41) - USA - SEP 16, 2003
Color, aromoa, taste palate, and finish are the same as any US Macro. I had it on a cruise in the Carribean. When served cold, and you're having a great time, it's a good session beer.

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2003
Straw colored with a short-lived white head. Some hops and malt in there. A decent beer on tap while in Jamaica, but it's pretty funky here at home.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2003
Bright straw color and sudsy head. Hop fragrance and funkiness plus sweet pale malt aroma. Fruity malt body and a slightly sweet finish with some floral hops. Palate is light-bodied, somewhat watery, and fizzy. Inoffensive but totally lacking in zest.