overall
RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Is a smooth, slightly sweet, very drinkable lager.

1.4
obxdude10 (2324) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2001
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2003 Another Bud, just with a different label, bland, watery, no body, no head, fizzy, bad

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - SEP 4, 2001
This is about as much of a ’red’ as Coors Light is an Imperial Stout. Maybe they used a sprinkle of crystal malt to give it a bit of color and a miniscule hint of any flavor. Not a bad beer, but misleading. Just an average, dull American macro.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2001
I actually like red wolf. It had a really cool name and a respectable taste to go with it. It wasn’t weak as I expected and therefore i think this ones a winner. Goes great with a sub.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 11, 2001
I suppose this was meant to compete with Killian’s Red, and I have to hand it to AB, they sure can make a decent looking beer, all they have to do is fill out the flavor a bit. Not bad, not good.

Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - JUL 8, 2001
Do they even make this stuff anymore? Could have been good, but like all AB products, its too watery. Looked nice, but I remember cringing through most of the bottle.

StoutOrDeath (121) - USA - MAR 17, 2001
I guess they were trying to copy Plank Road’s RED DOG...Well, this is just about as bad. Maybe a half a degree better. Still, only if it’s a nickel.

lil-dabz99 (54) - Lake Linden, Michigan, USA - MAR 16, 2001
Not too bad. Not too good. Middle of the road.

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - JAN 25, 2001
UPDATED: APR 5, 2005 I found a bottle cap of this when I moved my couch recently. For an AB product, it wasn’t bad. I liked it better than Michelob Amber Bock.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - DEC 18, 2000
Not good. Not bad. Decent. Average. ’Nuff said!

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
Um...average. Not great, not piss. I won’t buy it again, but I would drink it if it was given to me! (ok i would drink any beer if it was given to me) George Killian’s Irish Red beats this hands down, no contest. I only had one Red Wolf, but I don’t crave another.