overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 408   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Redbridge is a hearty, full-bodied lager brewed using imported Hallertau and domestic Cascade hops. It is brewed with sorghum and has a well-balanced, moderately hopped taste.

LinusStick (3456) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 9, 2007
Not too bad for an AB beer. Aroma of corn and must. Pour was a dark brown with no head. Taste was grain with a strong malt presence. Very sugary and a little syrupy but with a lighter and thinner mouthfeel if that makes sense. A lot of metal in the aftertaste. I was expecting a new experience but was left with an average one

0.6
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 7, 2007
Bloody awful. Golden, almost amber pour with a half-inch white head after a forced pour. Faintly sweet aroma. Jesus, this tastes awful. Like sweet-n-low over watery syrup. Ugh. I can’t finish this. Drainpour.

Braudog (6710) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - MAY 7, 2007
Bottle: At least 4 shades darker than I’d expected, virtually amber. Not much of a head at all. Super sweet aroma, almost lemonade-like. Flavor is odd -- sweet, musty, grainy, almost a bitter apple twist. Real light in body. Maybe a bit better than I’d imagined, but still not very enjoyable. God bless celiacs, if this is the best we can do for them. (#2846, 5/7/2007)

0.9
BDR (2534) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAY 6, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 7, 2007 Amber pour with faint white head. Smells like sugar, water, and alcohol. On a second sniff, foul perfume scent. Horrid saccharin sweet dominates the water. How can people drink this stuff? I’m worried about the Ramsey county municipal service calling me about sewer damage from this foul concoction.

shrubber85 (11390) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAY 5, 2007
Bottle. Corn malt aroma - hint of the sorghum. Medium amber with small head. Slight sweet corn malt aroma with a mild bitter finish and moderate carbonation and acidity - really don’t get much of a sorghum flavor with this which is probably a plus for many people but I enjoy it. Nevertheless, this is a nice drinking beer and as others have stated, a Godsend for beer drinkers on a gluten free diet. I personally wouldn’t mind more sorghum beers on the market.

backell (1) - USA - MAY 2, 2007 does not count
As a person with Celiac disease I wanted to add my own review to this beer. Understand that this was my first beer in four years. Gluten-free beer is the only alternative I have as neither wheat nor barley is going to be doing me any favors. Hence, my ratings are on a "GF scale". When you live GF a while you learn that not everything is going to taste the same. The main thing I was hoping for is a beer that really tasted like beer and I found one. I was actually surprised how MUCH it tasted like beer as I was very skeptical. Anyway, thanks to AB for making a national GF beer.

0.7
SwillNoMore (105) - USA - APR 29, 2007
Bottle, from Duvel tulip, at cellar temp. Clear red-gold color, disappearing white head, no lacing. Smells like rye bread and crushed green apples. Light and thin with fizzy carbonation. Flavor is atrocious and nearly unbearable; like how I imagine hay would taste. I literally had to force myself to pour it down my throat instead of down the drain. Finish quickly goes from sweet to mouth-puckering tart. To my knowledge this was my first gluten-free beer, so I can’t compare it to others, but if this is typical of sorghum beers I must say that I truly sympathize with people who suffer from celiac disease.

SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - APR 26, 2007
Sampled at the brewery in St louis. Interesting idea. Not too great a beer. Too light and sweet for my tastes.

tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - APR 24, 2007
Bottle. Pours brassy color with small whiet head. The aroma is very lemony with some faint spice and some weird artificially sweet caramel. The flavor is unexpectedly sweet, almost to the point of being cloying, but that is largely because of the seeming fakeness of it. Some hop tones pop out once in a while. It’s flavorful, but not necessarily good. About what I was expecting, I guess.

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - APR 24, 2007
UPDATED: APR 25, 2007 When I read that this was made from sorghum, I got very excited as I have been wanting to try a beer like this for a long time... However, when I read the label and saw that it was brewed by Anheuser-Busch, my spirits sank just a little bit. That being said, this was a quality beer considering the brewer. A more malty and bolder tasting beer than most offerings from A-B.