overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 404   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Redbridge is a hearty, full-bodied lager brewed using imported Hallertau and domestic Cascade hops. It is brewed with sorghum and has a well-balanced, moderately hopped taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
shrubber85 (11215) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAY 5, 2007
Bottle. Corn malt aroma - hint of the sorghum. Medium amber with small head. Slight sweet corn malt aroma with a mild bitter finish and moderate carbonation and acidity - really dont get much of a sorghum flavor with this which is probably a plus for many people but I enjoy it. Nevertheless, this is a nice drinking beer and as others have stated, a Godsend for beer drinkers on a gluten free diet. I personally wouldnt mind more sorghum beers on the market.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
backell (1) - USA - MAY 2, 2007 does not count
As a person with Celiac disease I wanted to add my own review to this beer. Understand that this was my first beer in four years. Gluten-free beer is the only alternative I have as neither wheat nor barley is going to be doing me any favors. Hence, my ratings are on a "GF scale". When you live GF a while you learn that not everything is going to taste the same. The main thing I was hoping for is a beer that really tasted like beer and I found one. I was actually surprised how MUCH it tasted like beer as I was very skeptical. Anyway, thanks to AB for making a national GF beer.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SwillNoMore (105) - USA - APR 29, 2007
Bottle, from Duvel tulip, at cellar temp. Clear red-gold color, disappearing white head, no lacing. Smells like rye bread and crushed green apples. Light and thin with fizzy carbonation. Flavor is atrocious and nearly unbearable; like how I imagine hay would taste. I literally had to force myself to pour it down my throat instead of down the drain. Finish quickly goes from sweet to mouth-puckering tart. To my knowledge this was my first gluten-free beer, so I cant compare it to others, but if this is typical of sorghum beers I must say that I truly sympathize with people who suffer from celiac disease.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - APR 26, 2007
Sampled at the brewery in St louis. Interesting idea. Not too great a beer. Too light and sweet for my tastes.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - APR 24, 2007
Bottle. Pours brassy color with small whiet head. The aroma is very lemony with some faint spice and some weird artificially sweet caramel. The flavor is unexpectedly sweet, almost to the point of being cloying, but that is largely because of the seeming fakeness of it. Some hop tones pop out once in a while. Its flavorful, but not necessarily good. About what I was expecting, I guess.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - APR 24, 2007
UPDATED: APR 25, 2007 When I read that this was made from sorghum, I got very excited as I have been wanting to try a beer like this for a long time... However, when I read the label and saw that it was brewed by Anheuser-Busch, my spirits sank just a little bit. That being said, this was a quality beer considering the brewer. A more malty and bolder tasting beer than most offerings from A-B.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JPDIPSO (6093) - Wauwatosa, USA - APR 22, 2007
Golden color with a fluffy off-white head. This one really smells like rye bread. There is even some caraway seed and applesauce for the Friday night fish fry. Alluring no, but nothing to make ne want to take the first sip. A dry fruit juice start. Light apples and raisins with just a hint of dry floral hops. As much as I can sympathize with people that can not have barley or wheat, I really hope I never need to depart this far from a beer to enjoy one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
EKGoldings (659) - Radford, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2007
This isnt saying much, but this is the best AB beer that I have ever tried. Definitely tasted like beer. Had this interesting non-hop aromatic thing going on. I am shocked that AB has produced this beer. Can we expect "real beer" from them in the future?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - APR 9, 2007
Pale Amber color with White Ring. No Aroma. Pretty Even Keeled Beer. Light Malt and Dry Aftertaste. Some Malt Notes..Sorghum Comes Out...Bit Bitter.....If Sorghum Is All You Can Handle, You Could Do Worse Then This.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SudsMcDuff (8296) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - APR 8, 2007
thanks ms.crate...pours with low head, and low lacing...tastes like a coppery apa...pretty good, all things considered...steptoe....alittle strange in taste but could be worse!