overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 401   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Redbridge is a hearty, full-bodied lager brewed using imported Hallertau and domestic Cascade hops. It is brewed with sorghum and has a well-balanced, moderately hopped taste.

HopsProfessor68 (1) - Port Richey, Alabama, USA - MAY 16, 2017 does not count
I have never needed gluten free till this year, this is my first try of gluten free beer. I enjoyed it completely.

backell (1) - USA - MAY 2, 2007 does not count
As a person with Celiac disease I wanted to add my own review to this beer. Understand that this was my first beer in four years. Gluten-free beer is the only alternative I have as neither wheat nor barley is going to be doing me any favors. Hence, my ratings are on a "GF scale". When you live GF a while you learn that not everything is going to taste the same. The main thing I was hoping for is a beer that really tasted like beer and I found one. I was actually surprised how MUCH it tasted like beer as I was very skeptical. Anyway, thanks to AB for making a national GF beer.

schne361 (18) - - APR 27, 2014
UPDATED: APR 28, 2014 This is my favorite gluten free beer, in the sense that it tastes the most like a normal beer. It is a dark brown color with a nice foamy head. It tastes like a lager with hints of wheat, hops, and malt.

DeppityBob (28) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - MAR 17, 2007
Different. Reminds me a little of cherries. Nice hoppiness, a bit thin, sweet, a lingering superlight molasses-y flavor. It’s crisp and refreshing. That is is an A-B beer AND has flavor is amazing, though it doesn’t have a lot of substance. I’d drink it again, and I’m not wheat-intolerant.

Slipstream (2651) - USA - JUN 18, 2009
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2009 Thanks to Greg for this. So Redbridge is another stealth release from Anheuser Busch. Now that is a surprise! Amber pour and a fluffy head. Good aroma of citrus, malt, and something unusual, the sorghum perhaps. Flavor of fruits, rice, and cereal. This is an excellent choice for those who are avoiding gluten. A much better than expected brew, and the best thing I have had from A-B.

Cybercat (5878) - Georgia, USA - JAN 31, 2007
Unlike any beer I have had before - not radically different, but distinctive since it is brewed using sorghum. The flavor has fruity undertones and a nice jazzy feel, no bitterness.

philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 18, 2010
Redbridge Beer Made From Sorghum--2007 12 oz. Bottle. 5.00% ABV--25 IBU’s.? (4.0 / 5.0) Pale Ale--Gluten Free. No lace thin head. Clear bright dull gold color. Mild floral hop front. Crisp malty mild tangy mellow sweet caramel sorghum butter malt body. Mild tangy balanced crisp hop end. Surprisingly Good. Sampled 2/7/2007.

NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 2, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 7, 2007 The aroma is light and mildly sweet with a faint perfumed soap aroma. Those good soaps that are just for show mind you, not the ones you wash your butt with. It actually smells of in a non-beer kind of way. The bosy is a light amber/copper color with a diminishing white head that starts a thumb thick, fades, but then holds. As pale lagers go it looks pretty inviting. <P> That perfumey sweetness is there int he fore. It tastes a little like patchouli and potpurri mix. Yes, I have tasted both. It finishes with a sort of apple and flower finish. Has a moderately biting carbonation and detactable hops. This is not a bad beer at all. I actually think this puppy would sell well if marketed as a ladies (or guys) who hate beer. That being said....it’s good for what it is. My raped tastebuds are screaming for more.

mattd017 (51) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JAN 31, 2007
Wow... A-B really actually took time to come up with this one. Pours a cloudy brown, with red hints. Has a good thick white head and a ring around the outside of the glass maintains through every pull on the beer. Lacks any lacing, which is dissapointing. Has a sweet, malty scent. Nice fruit flavor, with slight hop bite and something else in the ending. Could be Sorghum. I am incredibly impressed. Much better than that Red Hook crap A-B tries to sell as real beer. As I scan through other ratings I feel many people see the A-B crest on the label and automatically feel they CANNOT rate it above a 2.5. Perhaps I am rating it high, as it is made by A-B, and it is drinkable...

Nekronos (4174) - Xalapa, MEXICO - FEB 24, 2013
NOt bad, something new. Little bit incipit and quite soft but nice to drink and taste it too.