overall
RATINGS: 289   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Ale with natural apple flavor & caramel color

wmubronco1992 (709) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - APR 19, 2013
Bottle. Light yellow color. Aroma of apples. Flavor is apple juice. Reminds me of a wine cooler with less carbonation. Its not terrible. In fact its reasonably drinkable, but like a lot of these fruity macro beers its not very memorable.

cheap (6009) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 19, 2013
Did not know this was from miller. Tastes better than expected. From a clear bottle. Yes, it almost looks like apple juice. Pretty good friendly fruit beer. Is remeniscent of sweeter macro popular hard apple ciders.Goes down way too easy, wew. Borders on a candy apple malt pop. Plenty of unfermented sugars in this one, but I enjoyed it. Could drink another. Near the end of the bottle it does have a slight artificial feel.

Europa326 (13) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - APR 19, 2013
If you got this beer and found yourself disappointed and upset with it, frankly it’s your own damned fault. What could you have expected from a Miller fruit beer other than a twist of flavor applied to a mass produced (and frankly not that good) beer. I genuinely enjoyed Redd’s Apple Ale, because I knew immediately what I was getting. It wasn’t going to be a delicate, deep, flavorful brew. It was going to be a beer that tasted like apples. Guess what: that’s what it is! It’s not as heavy as a cider (which is actually great) and neither is it as sweet. It’s more like a sour apple juice with beer in it. Is it good? Sure! Is it a good BEER? Um… no. no it isn’t. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I enjoyed and finished every bottle of the pack I bought (after accidentally breaking one of them in the store and getting stuck with the other five) but I’d also be lying if I didn’t say this beer would be more appropriately served out of a sippy cup. It’s just a tart apple drink and certainly more like a cider than a beer.

beastmaster (381) - Florida, USA - APR 17, 2013
Hahaha. I didn’t know anything about this beer and was told it was an ale Also didn’t know it was owned by Miller. Sweet Cider. Just a highly girly cider. Tap, or had no head. Looks like a slightly darker Miller. Carbonated. Tastes like an apple juice made from chemicals. Very sad.

Barreras (1689) - Diamond Bar, California, USA - APR 14, 2013
Pours a clean crisp bubbly yello color with an apple aroma. Taste is generic apple flavoring. its a different type of beer but not extraordinary by any means.

georgekillian (344) - Alabama, USA - APR 6, 2013
This beer is much more cider-ish than ale! I didn’t like the finish as it was very citrusy and acidic.......make you have a good heartburn if you have a couple of these..typical miller garbage

obguthr (6590) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - APR 4, 2013
Cidery nose, little beer character, slightly vinegary. Crystal clear amber. Again, more cider than beer. Fuller body than ordinary cider.. Fairly well balanced. Not bad.

topherh (1929) - Kearney, Missouri, USA - APR 3, 2013
Pours golden with a thin white head. Aroma is apple and a little cinnamon. Flavor is sweet earthy apples.

bhensonb (15612) - Woodland, California, USA - APR 3, 2013
Bottle from Total Wine in Folsom, CA. Pours light golden amber with a transient white head. Smells a bit like red apple skin. Med minus body. Flavor starts towards tart, but ends up like mucky apple pulp. Not bad, but not my thing.

jsquire (4563) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - APR 3, 2013
Yellow gold color with no head. Bright fresh apple cider aroma. The apple flavor in this is pretty good. Not artificial or chemical. Not much beer taste. It really tastes like cider. It gets really sweet on the tongue after a while. I don’t think I’d get it often.