overall
RATINGS: 291   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Ale with natural apple flavor & caramel color

ALLOVATE (3092) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - DEC 12, 2015
Downhill from here! Brewed under license by CUB here in Oz and weighing in at a measly 4.0% ABV, I’m sad to see this one on bill boards all across WA - it’s 2015 CUB!! Into a tulip chilled. Aroma of fell, rotting fruit, rusted car-bodies and muddy, dirty water - pretty much a stubby of Vic Bitter! Yee gads, hideous sweet and astringent mess. First sip made my entire body shudder and I think I’m scared to take another. Syrupy apple juice cloys at the palate like a liquid adhesive. Manky rust notes make it more deplorable. Tastes like I’d imagine those road-side waterways would taste. It tastes of dirt. My first in a long time to go down the drain. I don’t even get the concept of this beer let alone CUB snatching up the license to brew it. Shite!!! (33cL, BB02/04/16, Dan Murphy’s, Canning)

Vestlake (279) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - NOV 18, 2015
This tastes exactly like what I thought it would, apple juice. Apple juice with a slight alcohol kick. I enjoyed it for what it is.

1.1
KeefOz (1975) - Tarragindi, AUSTRALIA - NOV 6, 2015
Australian version - 4% ABV. BB 23 May 16. Poured a crystal clear amber with a few white bubbles for a collar that laced poorly. Carbonation extremely low and coarse. Aroma sweet with maybe a hint of malt. Taste like sweet apple juice - not an ale, not even a beer. Light watery body. Smooth and bland; not even as tasty as apple juice.

hawthorne00 (4232) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - OCT 22, 2015
Australian version, brewed by CUB. Orange with a detergent-like white head. Aroma of cardboard, cooked apple puree. Wow, the head feels like soap bubbles. Very sweet, more rubbish cider than beer. The finish really needs a little more bitterness or acid just to stop the flabby puree from droning on. Fairly nasty.

Finhead (1860) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2015
Clear, golden pour with no head. It smells like apple juice and has the same flat texture as well. The taste is sweet, again like apple juice.

0.7
motelpogo (8031) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - OCT 4, 2015
bottle, dan murphys tasting - glad to try 3 beers for free that i would never have bought. clear dull golden, simultaneously flat and fizzy; very sweet nose, some apple juice from concentrate, faint lemonade; blergh

StevieT (2039) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 6, 2015
From a bottle. This is horrendous! Oh, please God doth make me drink this rubbish again.

ozzy70 (1357) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 27, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours clear/gold with no head. Aroma of apples, apple cider. Tastes same as aroma, sweet.

Larry_Duffman (631) - - AUG 8, 2015
I had it from the can. The aroma is apple. The taste is apple cider with the slightest hint of corn malt. This really drinks like a cider. There’s not much carbonation at all. It’s still pretty refreshing on a hot day. I’d rather drink a good cider though.

Japalo (1887) - DENMARK - JUL 30, 2015
[email protected] at orient Beach. Drinking it from the Bottle. Intens synthetic Apple aromas. Sweet. Dry finish very sweet cider like. Not for me.