overall
RATINGS: 463   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Redhook Blonde combines the best attributes of a flavorful golden ale with the refreshing qualities of a lager. The ale is brewed with three different malts and two hop varietals. Lightly roasted barley and a touch of wheat, combined with an ample portion of hops, creates a truly crowd pleasing beer . Redhook Blonde pairs well with medium flavored foods such as fish, nachos or salad. Available year round.

Style: Golden Ale
ABV:5.3
Malts: Pale, Wheat, Caramel, Carapils, Munich, Vienne
Hops: Willamette, Saaz
Color SRM: 7.4
Bitterness Units: 24 IBU
Original Gravity:12.8

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - MAY 18, 2001
I was given a couple of six packs of this from a buddy who works for a local beer distributor. I wasn’t expecting much from it as I think that other Redhook products are good, but nothing super special. I must say though, this is a very refreshing, light ale. I can recommend this one after working in the yard, after softball, etc. A good thirst quencher.

Oakes (17664) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 5, 2001
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2005 Had a Redhook Blondesicle at Dallas-FW airport. It was all right once I let it warm up.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
A nice beer with a good light malt flavor and aroma. Pretty good head retention and carbonation. Has a great grainy smell and flavor. I really like that in a beer. I think it must be hard to acheive in lighter ales, but they did a great job. This beer reminded me of a light helles bock or something along those lines. Overall a good beer. And I think a good one to introduce beginners to ’good’ beer. It’s not intimidating because it almost looks like a Butt Light...but it’s definitely got more flavor and aroma.