overall

RATINGS: 767   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A lighter, drier ale with a warm, brassy color and herbal aroma.

DrunkCaleb (69) - Michigan, USA - MAR 2, 2002
First IPA, enjoyed it verymuch. Crisp hop flavor. Recommed.

igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAR 1, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2003 perfectly clear...a bit of a sweet aroma...a very balanced beer..not hoppy enough for me...but still pretty good nonetheless. re-rate...what experience will do for you. this beer has mild hops and is way too thin for my tastes.

muzzlehatch (4958) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 1, 2002
Bottled. A beer that gets better at the end, but still doesn’t quite cut it. Clear golden appearance, not a lot of head retention; nose is hoppy and a little moldy (possible I got a bad bottle). Flavor very hoppy, and that’s about it, until a nice warmth and maltiness creeps in at the end. Decent body. Tol’ble.

Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
A good IPA, Redhook did a good job with this one.

Terminus (3683) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 25, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 13, 2005 bottle-another rerate that i havent had in years. pours a light orange hue with huge white pillowy head. grainy, orangy aroma. sweet orange flavors that dont really ring out IPA, but more just a pale ale or even a golden ale. slight citrus finish, but nothing huge. some pine when the beer warmed around mid palate. the beer has a long finish of lemon. average.

ChrisBeest (43) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
I love my IPA’s, but this one didn’t blow my skirt up.

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2002
average IPA, lacked some hops. a bit thin for the style

kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 8, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2008 The 1st IPA that I ever drank. I still pick up a six pack once in a while. Re-rate 7-09-08: Funny how my palate has changed since I joined this site. I haven’t bought this beer in over 5 years. I was offered one the other day, quite refreshing but really more of a Special Bitter than an IPA.

BillKismet (4057) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2002
This beer has a woody aroma and a bronzed appearance. The bitterness is quite nice and comparable in this attribute to Redhook’s own ESB as well as the woody taste that is present in many of the brewers offerings. A rather refreshing beer.

LeeAkaUgg99 (5) - Providence, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 19, 2001 does not count