overall

RATINGS: 759   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A lighter, drier ale with a warm, brassy color and herbal aroma.

lmahony199 (52) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUN 16, 2001
extremly hoppy, even for an IPA, this is the shiznit........................

Drew Blood (151) - Mt.Prospect, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2001
Waaaay weak, whahapend here. Absoulute lame. Saaad surprise. Where’s the hops, dude?

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 11, 2001
Weird for an IPA. Sourish bitter style flavor with a decent dose of hops. From tap so maybe the bottle version is better but this just made me not want another.

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 7, 2001
A fantastic IPA! It instantly became my favorite!..........................

Stove Top (43) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - APR 29, 2001
Average compared to many others. For an IPA I want to be overwhelmed with hops and this beverage is lacking in the hop aroma and flavor category. As mentioned before, in the PNW area this beer can be purchased for 4.99 a sixer and that is two to four bucks cheaper than most.

scrawfis (143) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2001
Very nice aroma. The beer had a nice bitterness indicative of the IPA style, but perhaps too much aroma hopping and too little bitterness.

StoutOrDeath (121) - USA - MAR 17, 2001
It really made no huge impression on me. Not bad, but not great. I do like the label, though. I guess that’s what made me buy it. I’ll drink it again, but won’t pursue it like Guinness.

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2001
Was happy to find this in F(indnogoodbeerorabletovote)lorida. Appearance was nice - the head poured to a creamy white froth, although I was disappointed to see it fade so quickly. The beer itself was lighter in color than some other IPAs but nonetheless was golden with a red tinge. Taste was good - nice hop bite - though watery at times - unlike McNeil I did not detect diacetyl in this one. Palate - one thing I don’t like about IPA’s is the bitter hop remnants that stays with you. Overall - IPAs are not my favorite (although I am enjoying them more) but this one seems pretty good, as to be expected from RH. Cheers!

HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - FEB 12, 2001
This IPA will not be on my must drink list, but it’s ok. There really isn’t enough hops to balance the malt that I taste let alone overpower them like a good IPA does.

Indra (2711) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - JAN 23, 2001
UPDATED: JUN 26, 2004 Sorta indicative of many Redhook beers: Not bad, just not great compared to others of the style that I tend to rave about consistently. Bitter and refreshing, but not much else.