overall

RATINGS: 759   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A lighter, drier ale with a warm, brassy color and herbal aroma.

MilkmanDan (1942) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 23, 2004 Copper-colored, nose is malty, a bit hoppy. Excellent balance in the flavor, lots of malts, toasty and full, balanced by some good citric hops. Creamy. Better than I expected it to be, was rather good.

nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - MAR 20, 2004
Golden hue with a white head. Hoppy citrus nose. Pleasantly hopped taste with citrus and flora with a nice long bitter finish. Yet another highly enjoyable, fairly complex IPA from the States.

KellyL (7) - Wichita Falls, Texas, USA - NOV 12, 2006 does not count
Bottle. Gold in color. Two finger head with an agressive pour. Nice nose, a bit of a citrus aroma. Very well balanced taste. Not representative of a true IPA. There is no oak or woody flavor. Finishes clean. Very easy to drink. It seems most of Red Hook’s ales are middle of the road, good for introducing someone to the world of GOOD beer.

Swanny6416 (8) - Auburn, Washington, USA - DEC 26, 2006 does not count
I home brew most of my IPA’s. But when I need a good, solid choice from the grocery store, I’ll usually pick up Red Hook.

psuCE03 (135) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2007
Poured well but had no head, seemingly typical of the Redhooks that I have tried. Had a good aroma and a nice hoppy taste. Overall and above average IPA.

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2001
Was happy to find this in F(indnogoodbeerorabletovote)lorida. Appearance was nice - the head poured to a creamy white froth, although I was disappointed to see it fade so quickly. The beer itself was lighter in color than some other IPAs but nonetheless was golden with a red tinge. Taste was good - nice hop bite - though watery at times - unlike McNeil I did not detect diacetyl in this one. Palate - one thing I don't like about IPA's is the bitter hop remnants that stays with you. Overall - IPAs are not my favorite (although I am enjoying them more) but this one seems pretty good, as to be expected from RH. Cheers!

scrawfis (143) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2001
Very nice aroma. The beer had a nice bitterness indicative of the IPA style, but perhaps too much aroma hopping and too little bitterness.

Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
A good IPA, Redhook did a good job with this one............................

ucsbdude (68) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - MAY 18, 2002
Not a bad IPA but it really doesn't stand out.When Stone IPA isn't around, I'll fall back to this.

mikebeertaster (114) - washougal, Washington, USA - JUL 21, 2004
nice beer made better by the location. Safeco field, nice summer day baseball game paid for by the company. Kind of a fruity or flowery flavor, really enjoyed it