overall
RATINGS: 892   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Winterhook is Redhook’s legendary winter ale, brewed annually since 1984. Crafted with an evolving mix of malts and hops, each yearly edition of Winterhook is one-of-a-kind. Winterhook’s dark colors and bold flavors make it the perfect winter warmer for frosty weather.

1.3
jkeller (4) - jacksonville, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2003 does not count
Trying not to be biased against ale, this beer still didnt cut it. Redhook seemed a bit flat for my taste.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2003
Amber with no head. Aroma is minimal, if that. Flavor is bland with some malt flavors. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. It's not that bad but I expected much more. Probably if you feel like drinking a ton of beer this would be a good one.

dberger624 (1028) - Voorhees, New Jersey, USA - MAR 7, 2003
Bottled. A rather disappointing beer. Nothing wrong with it. Just didn't do anything for me. Had a little spice flavor, but mainly it was just a beer.

JFGrind (2071) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 4, 2003
I bought a case of this beer back in December and gave most of it out for Xmas beer to my friends and family. Nobody came back to me with any remarks on this beer. I put a few aside for myself and I was not impressed. Winterhook taste wise was a far cry from other English Strong Ales I've tried. Maybe it's the way the Yanks brew this style of beer because I was also not impressed by Weyebacher's Winter Ale, supposably another English Strong Ale.

BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Dark brownish red in color. Poured without much of a head. Smells yeasty but yummy. Metallic aftertaste.

Jokes (1455) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 22, 2003
Pours a light brown color with little head. The aroma is rather bland and weak. The flavor has some strong, boring malt flavors. Not much complexity or balance. Rather uneventful I must say.

WabashMan (1024) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2003
Slightly spicy ale, with nice color, but weak aroma. Decent, but certainly nothing exceptional in this offering from Redhook.

freekyp (2408) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - FEB 10, 2003
Thick body. Deep reddish color with quickly dissipating head. Sourness mixed with spiciness. Not much aftertaste.

beerbumble (42) - Reno, Nevada, USA - FEB 3, 2003
Nice dark color. Great thick taste. Good amount and color of head. Good amount of alcohol.

estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 3, 2003
Reddish body with rising carbonation, small white head, malty nose. Bitter start, bready finish.