overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 154   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
(Translated from Spanish)
Regia Extra is produced in El Salvador since 1959. It is an exquisite beer of intense flavor, brewed carefully with a long process of maturation for the delight of our consumers.

omhper (25943) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - APR 2, 2003
Bottled. Very pale yellow, creamy head. Aroma of corn with a light touch of glue. Sweet and very light bodied, no bitterness.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 6, 2004
Light yellow or straw-colored. No head. Prickly carbonation comes and goes. Watery. Corny malts. Slightly sour. Cardboard aromas. Bland and boring.

dyetube (1378) - Hurst, Texas, USA - OCT 15, 2009
This beer pours a straw yellow with a medium white head. the aromas are corn, grain and a little skunk. The falvors are weak thin grain. Overall this wa a bad beer. Cheers!

osu97gp (678) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 18, 2010
Pours a very light yellow with a large foamy white head. Aroma of sweet malts. Flavor is very light with only sweet malts and water. Pretty much water beer. The only thing going for it is that it is quite refreshing. I could see this beer being a very good session beer.

MrChopin (4305) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 25, 2012
transparent gold, thin white ring. Nose is old ash, toast and grains, bit of corn. Flavor is paper, stale corn and grains, light marshmallow and corn through end with butter accents.

Cornfield (5569) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2014
I picked this up at a local grocery store. It has an extremely pale yellow body filled with a zillion (I counted) tiny bubbles that race upwards to the frothy, sustained head. It has almost no aroma. I had to stick my snout deep into the glass to pick up faint traces of white sugar and grass. There’s not much flavor, either, just a light sugary taste, a hint of malt, and a blade of grass. Very watery. It would be good for brushing one’s teeth.

ChrisPants (317) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Despite appearances, this is not a beer for drinking on a warm day. This is a beer for washing your car with. The aroma is redolent of urea and warm skunk. The palate is bitter with no redeeming qualities of flavor. The bottle may look cool, but I recommend passing on this one and just buying a Colt 45 or an OE if you’re looking for volume.

JoeMcPhee (10129) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - APR 3, 2006
Ah, El Salvador... where’ve you been all my life. My first pale lager as a US resident and it doesn’t disappoint. Pale straw colour, thick creamy white head. Aroma of straw, grass, and latex paint. Flavour is fairly watery, thin lager malt, grass and hay hoppiness and a decidedly vegetal sweetness. Reminds me of every beer I drank in Fiji. Thanks for reminding me of why I don’t drink Central American beer.

Palidor19 (3194) - Brandon, Florida, USA - JUN 3, 2008
Its to thin, its too weak, its has too much corn like flavor. its barley drinkable.

mikereg95 (4) - EL SALVADOR - JUN 17, 2013 does not count
Plain and simple: I won’t ever drink this. This beer’s taste is metallic, and also has alcohol taste. Also, it’s got a bitter finish to it. So far in El Salvador, this is what I’ve liked the least.