overall

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
The generally agreed-upon cidermaking process says to add white wine yeast to apple juice, wait a couple months, then enjoy. I broke the rules with this cider. Starting with a tart blend of heritage dessert apples, I press out their juice, then add a couple hundred pounds of tart pie cherries. I’m not finished there, so I add lactobacillus, a notorious sour yeast culture usually avoided at all costs in beer and cidermaking. Some brewers use a little lacto and a lot of ale yeast, but I go whole hog and let the lacto take over. When the dust settles, I add more flavor with some tart cherry juice to make it a bit off-dry. This cider is truly sacrilegious.

BrewBoxer (2667) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2017
reminds me of how much i loved my apple juice box...bottle.sweet but easy drinking. very good

DuffMan (10732) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 14, 2017
Bottle. Pretty pink hue with fine carbonation. Awesome spicy cherry and fresh tart apple, dry finish. Great natural flavours here, so tasty.

j12601 (13189) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2017
On tap at the brewery. Pours a clear crimson and garnet with a thin white head. Soft cherry on the nose, a bit of sweetness, apple, wood, a bit of musk and funk. Medium bodied, tart and tangy, soft acid, long slow acid, a touch of fruit and citric acid, cherry skins, a hint of pepper heat.

BuckeyeBoy (8656) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 25, 2017
On tap at alefort. Pours out a pinkish amber with a white ring of a head. Nose is light cherries apple sweet and tart. Taste is more of the light cherries a little green apple and some sweet tart.

dfearnley (2342) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 17, 2017
Everyone..before you sip it...take a deep breath. Yeah, right...me too! What the hell is going on with this thing? The tiny and extremely active carbonation along with the VOCs funneled through the narrow tulip instantly made me cough...into the glass...which erupted into my face and on my desk.

I cleaned up. And then I did it again. And again. What the hell is this drug? Finally, I got around to tasting and it’s cherry apple, right? Then back to the cough inducing ’aroma’. The aroma I can’t quite get because of the convulsive coughing. Dammit Roger Williams...what the hell are you doing?

Oakes (19037) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 10, 2016
Haze. Light pinkish colour. Mellow cherry, with a touch of spice. Effervescent, light cherry, good tasty apple base.

fiulijn (21470) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 7, 2016
Draught at St. Augustine’s, Vancouver
Orange color, cloudy. Nice semi-sweet drink, some cider, and some cherry candy. Mild acidity.
Simplistic though.

beerplace (2156) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 5, 2016
On tap at St. Augustine’s during 1st 45 taps annual event with Alex and Josh. Pours a slightly rose hazy with no head. Aroma is sweet and sour with cherry notes. Taste is the same with some unusually spicey. Interesting.

stchloe (1112) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 1, 2016
Sweet fruity notes lots of apple and cheery, very sour, really big bite at finish like pepper almost

Ferris (16728) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 26, 2016
Draft - Lots of natural and slightly sweet cherries. Cloudy reddish. Semisweet apple, tart cherry and a dry finish. Nice.