overall
RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
A Double Pale Ale with juicy citrus hop flavor from Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo and Chinook hops. We started with the idea of doubling-down on our Iron Fist pale ale recipe, made a few tweaks and ended up with this great beer. Although the name says otherwise, we recommend one at time.

ryanfolty (2611) - Bourbon County, Minnesota, USA - NOV 12, 2013
November 12, 2013 - on tap at Haymarket. Clear copper pour with some head. Aroma and taste of malt and piney hops. Taste was very sweet with a citrus and piney bitter finish.

Niko100 (2998) - Chicago, New York, USA - OCT 19, 2013
Nice copper color; Medium body; Aroma of toasted malt, pine hops, & tropical fruit; Flavor of sweet malt, caramel, pine hops, fruit, and citrus; Finish is slightly bitter & somewhat boozy; Nicely balanced; Nice clean taste - I enjoyed this one.

jmgreenuk (10082) - Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA - OCT 15, 2013
Tap at Revolution Brewing, Milwaulkee Ave, Chicago. Poured a clear medium amber with a thin white head. The aroma is very weak malt. The flavour is strong bitter with a big liqourice malt slightly medicinal palate. I did enjoy this beer but I can’t justify the high rating that others have given it.

Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
22oz bomber bought for $9 at The Beer Temple in Chicago, IL. Bottled 4/12/13 ... a touch old, since it’s 7/9, but I’ll make it work. Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint.

Appearance: Clear, and dark amber in color. There’s a great finger or two of sand colored head that lasts for quite awhile. Sticky lacing only lasts near the top of the glass.

Smell: Just bursting with hops, as I’d expect given the style. Massive tropical fruit-esque aromas sit on top of a slight alcohol note. Caramel malts seem to be buried in the background. Smells awesome.

Taste/feel: Rather than tropical fruits, the flavor has a pretty huge pine flavor with some sticky resin. The front is a lot of pine, then it’s grassy, then spicy for just a moment, and then the finish is of rich (and somewhat "dirty" or "dusty") tasting malt to balance it all out almost perfectly. The alcohol that I pick up in the smell only comes through *slightly* as a warmth in the mouth. As I was expecting with this brew, there’s a solid body to it with just a slight prickly carbonation that makes the taste buds come alive.

I think I’m in love. This is outstanding stuff. I notice some people say that this is overly sweet, but I don’t get that vibe at all. If anything, it’s maybe a *touch* unbalanced because of BITTERNESS and not sweetness. IIPAs that I’ve had tend to be sweeter than bitter, so this is actually sort of unusual for me.

Double Fist is my second and last beer from Revolution that I brought home from Chicago over the weekend... I need more. I fucking NEED MORE. Anti-Hero is a fantastic, sessionable IPA, and this is basically a "World Class" Imperial, in my opinion. Worth seeking out.

whitehotg8 (85) - Illinois, USA - SEP 15, 2013
22oz bomber into a globe glass. Beautiful deep amber color with an off white thick head that sticks around. Aroma is all floral hops with fruit tones along with a boozy note. Taste is fantastic; lots of hops from the get go but nicely mellows with a bit of malt balance. Overall one of the better dipa’s I have had. Nice job Revolution!

Hopsclation (89) - Chicago, - SEP 5, 2013
Really heavy stuff. I find I am often dissapointed by things that proclaim themselves to be "american strong ales" but end up being watery and thin. This beer does not have that problem, its juciy, full bodied, sticky, and boozy...and overall I would say those are good things. However, it falls short of greatness due to a sour soapy finish in the hop profile. I am sure some people like that, but I dont.

portableparty (2398) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle. Pours amber with a tight soapy white head that fades to a wispy film and collar. Aroma has nice herbal citrus hops and malty caramel balance. Taste is bitter herbal hops that are a bit resinous and solid caramel malt backing. Palate is medium somewhat sticky and dry.

DalzAle (2040) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2013
Bottle. Clear tan pour, small disc of lasting head and an aroma of strong spicy orange hops. Flavor is nice strong malt and assertive herbal orangey hops and finished boozy and dry. Nice beer, can only imagine this is even bettern when it’s not 4 months old.

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Had this at their place in Chicago. All the beer unless noted otherwise were good to very good. Unfortunately this was rated with another program and I can't import my comments.

wchesser (2144) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 8, 2013
From a trade with a buddy. Deep Amber orange. Nose is a lot of caramel and orange with some spiciness and dust. About 9 months old so not the freshest. Full bodied and solid but nothing special. Spiciness seems rye like.