%>
Brewed by Revolutions
Style: Stout
Castleford, England

RATINGS: 47   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bottled; Regular & Cask; Occasional.

anders37 (26878) - Malmö, SWEDEN - SEP 8, 2013
Cask gravity @ Egham BF XV. Pours a black color with a small tan head. Has a roasted malty caramel and chocolate aroma. Roasted malty chocolate and coffee flavor. Has a roasted malty chocolate and caramel finish.

yespr (47039) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - AUG 9, 2013
From cask at EBF15. Pours pitch black with a small tan head. Aroma is dark roasted malty, bitter, herbal and roasted dark malty. Liqourice and dark breadish. Dry and roasted finish. Bitter.

imdownthepub (15131) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - AUG 6, 2013
Cask conditioned at The Craven Arms, Birmingham. Black with cream head. Oddly I seemed to start with a sweet dark chocolate in this beer and alcohol fruitiness, but from thereon the alcohol cleared the palate and a developing dry bitterness ensued until a final roasty, charcoal type flavour. Pretty decent.

RichTheVillan (8110) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 21, 2013
Cask at North Birmingham Beer; dark brown pour with velvety tan head, heavy malt and coffee aroma, coffee hint of vanilla very earthy and roasty with a decent amount of bitterness.

leaparsons (10699) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - MAY 3, 2013
Bottle. Black with a beige bubbly foam. Aromas are coffee and low pine with berries and especially Juniper. Earthy and fruity with burnt toast and floral notes. Smoky with caramel and light grapefruit. Flavours are bittersweet pink grapefruit with chocolate and nutty roadt coffee and dark berry. Spritzy yeast with peppery alcohol. Very good.

ladnewton (2014) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 18, 2013
Cask at Craft Beer Co, Islington (CBI) on 26th January 2013. Virtually black with orangey-white head and lacing bands. Thick roasty aroma. Roast, burnt malt and smoke in-mouth, bitter roasty finish with tart smokiness. Smooth mouthfeel with medium body. Exquisite.

The_Bish (1123) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 10, 2013
My brother knows Karl Marx (I don’t have a brother, at least not a real one, but that is a moot point, though if I did have a brother he couldn’t have ever known Karl Marx due to time factors), he met him eating mushrooms in the people’s park (I wonder if this goes a little further than it appears on first glance... does tripping make you more of a socialist?), He said ’what do you think about my manifesto?’ (see what I did there? I’d imagine I’d quite like his manifesto, though the only solace I find in what I know of him and the connections to my life is that I’m on that bastard train and boy do I hope it crashes. Would aliens make it crash? Or would that not really count? I think they would but it would be a different kind of crash. I’m all for aliens by the way, bring them on. Not for a fight, just to spice things up a little), I like your manifesto put it to the taste-o (see what I did there too? I did put it to the taste-o and I’m getting some Belgian choc).

Dommod2011 (706) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - DEC 29, 2012
I’m a rebel. A soul rebel. I’m a conqueror. Soul adventurer. This is my manifesto. This manifesto on the other hand is a delicious, roasted, dry as a bone stout. No fish moobs though.

maeib (8751) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - NOV 25, 2012
Bottled 17/11/12. A black beer with a tan coloured head and a little lace. A nice roasty malty aroma. Good chocolatey flavours with dry bitterness and a hint of cold coffee. Tasty beer.

FatPhil (16899) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - SEP 26, 2012
Gravicask (PBBF2012, Thurs)
Lovely rich roasty aroma. Black, with a persistent tan head. Great roast, so mellow, so full. Palate is really full, rich, and, erm, full. Classic UK stout. I really really like this!