overall
Brewed by Rinkuškiai
Style: Doppelbock
Biržu raj., Lithuania

RATINGS: 59   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Double Bock. 9.5% ABV Naturally fermented. Comes in a glass bottle 0.5 L (16.9 FL OZ). 20 btl/cs.

nearbeer (5608) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 26, 2009
500 ml. Clear burnt orange with a small , fleeting head. Nose is apple, caramel, grain and alcohol. Flavor is all the same, plus some dry grassy hops, corn and more alcohol. Near-medium body is smoothly carbonated and tingly with hops and alcohol. Pretty harsh.

Frank (4236) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 30, 2010
This beer is surprisingly not terrible. I don’t know about you guys but when I see an Lithuanian lager at nearly ten precent alcohol for about two bucks, I think, "This is a beer designed to get old Lithuanian men drunk." Well, I’m probably right but this is not as bad as a lot of things in the same vein. It’s a rather pretty orange amber color w/ a foamy white head of even sized bubbles which leaves streaks and spots of lace behind. The nose is sweet, simple malts, some green apple fruitiness and a weird, spicy clove tinge. The nicest thing I can say about the flavor is it does not make me cringe. It’s only slightly sweet w/ a hint of medicinal hops as means of balance. The palate is not too heavy and the carbonation is a little on the fizzy side. There is only a slight alcoholic burn to indicate it’s excessive alcohol content. I didn’t say it was good. I said it was not terrible. Certainly, it lives up to its name. After half a glass of this stuff, I found myself dressed as an elf and terribly lost, not to mention fluent in Lithuanian.

JFURYCAT (1078) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2012
Corn whiskey like aroma and flavor is dominated by.a strange muddled malt flavor which for less than three bucks for a big bottle and 9.5% alcohol is enough to warm the senses at least. Bit like rubbing alcohol. Lots of straw in flavor. Wondering what to do with the other cheapass bottle I bought.

DrnkMcDermott (3141) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - DEC 24, 2010
Half Liter bottle. $2.50 @ Binny’s. Yes, this is what I’m drinking after taking care of Santa’s visit. You know the fly-by-night video labels that rush out rip-off versions of popular Disney animated features so they’re in the stores before the home video release? Movies like "Ratatoing" or "Little Cars?" It seems this label wants to rip off Ridgeway’s "Bad Elf" and "Santa’s Butt." And yet I bought it.
Okay, pours a nice orange yellow in my stem, with a thin bit of foam atop. Some heavy malt smell, but also the telltale fusel of cheap malt liquor. Not sure what this has that would qualify it as a doppelbock. Taste not anywhere in the bock category, but you know what? It’s almost usable as a cheap strong Eastern Bloc beer. Alcoholic with no hop to speak of, but it will help me get to bed so Santa can finally visit our house. And a merry Christmas to all…

arn8897 (448) - Trenton, Ohio, USA - SEP 3, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2017 Pours a clear yellow with a white head. Aromas of corn syrup and malt. Not a very good beer. Very boozy. Nothing in drinking this makes me want another one.

BückDich (5477) - McCall, Idaho, USA - SEP 13, 2011
Bottle: Golden clear, no head, light fizz. Sugar, berry and aspartame with creamed corn and light metal in the nose. Lightly balanced and warming, some sweetness in the finish and a husky grain note in the tail. Sharp.

DrinkEmUpJones (1069) - Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2010
Pours cloudy piss-yellow with white head. Aroma is nice-yeasty, malty bread dough. Palate is not so nice. Weird fake-honey flavor overlays what could have potentially been a good beer. Underneath the weirdness, there are some decent aromas of tangerine and banana. I don’t understand how this is a doppelbock, for starters. If it were a weizen, it would be a bad one, but at least it would make sense. Strange. There are only two good things about this beer. 1.) It was free to me. The label is so fun, I could’ve easily been tricked into paying 5 bucks for it, and I would’ve been pissed. 2.) If you drink enough, it’ll get you too fucked up to notice the flavor.

SSSteve (4006) - - JAN 2, 2012
bottle. clear orange with no bubbles and no head. sour, metallic nose. flavor is sweet with purple grapes and gum. a fine, sharp bubbles carbonation with a syrupy body.

ganache (6057) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 16, 2015
16.9oz bottle, of course advertised with the alcohol as the main selling point. Nose of meaty spaghetti sauce, and not in the good way I sometimes got from hops in Franconia. Pours clear golden with hints of orange (of course that’s Doppelbock!) and a large, frothy bright white head. Taste is very sweet but not cloying to start, cirsp with dirty graininess and old hops. The sugariness isn’t actually too bad here, and there’s a ’Euro Pils’ character here that was missing from the last I had from these guys (a strong/imperial golden lager) despite the promise of a maltier dark beer (neither of those terms applies). Does dry toward the end, no bitterness to speak of, but a very mild astringency. Very faint apple and butter. Light body a little rough with the alcohol, but generally works well as a no-thought alcohol transference mechanism. I don’t have too many problems here, and am not outright offended. [2015.12.16: 1.9]