overall
RATINGS: 262   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
As days grow shorter and frost becomes snow, our BELGIAN FREEZE ale is the perfect remedy to loosen the spirits. This deep amber tonic is brewed with lots of roasted caramel malt for body and warmth to bring in the holidays and see you through until spring.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - MAR 27, 2014
Reviewed from notes.
The appearance was a dark cloudy brown colored body with no carbonation seen rising and no head (bar pour, no harm no foul to be honest).
The smell was a sweet caramel up front with some light raisins and plums in the background.
The taste was basically the same adding a bit of cherries in it.
The palate was about a medium of sorts and had a decent amount of carbonation to it. No alcohol was felt which helped to make this fairly drinkable.
Overall, I would say this was a pretty good Belgian Dark. I would have this again.

jackl (8446) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 16, 2014
Bottle @ Castle Jackl. Russet red with a small white head. Big old estery Belgian nose. Loads of banana and autumn fruits. Caramel candies. Spiced brown bread. Toasty tobacco and pumpernickel flavors. Strong caramel, red apple skin. Slight cardboard. The very strong carbonation feels a bit intrusive. Medium body. Overall, not really my thing.

Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - JAN 12, 2014
Bottle. Nice Belgium beer. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Nice and malty. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DrinkinWell (389) - - JAN 10, 2014
UPDATED: APR 2, 2015 Pours cloudy dark copper aromas. As of grapefruit and tangerines. Tastes of caramel, spices, sweet malts, and citrus. Better than expected, though not great.

jmcgavin12 (492) - Madison, USA - JAN 8, 2014
Pours a dark amber with slight frothy tan head and an aroma of caramel and slight hop spice. The finish is a bit weak with a light body and a slight sickly sweet aftertaste. Overall a decent beer.

fourpack (67) - NORWAY - DEC 31, 2013
Looks like a dark apple cider. Not carbonated enough for me. Lingers in the back of the tounge for a couple of minutes.

anthony850 (473) - Andover, New Jersey, USA - DEC 23, 2013
Carmel with spices I don't think I like it ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jflopsu (1835) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2013
Pours a hazy orange-amber. Has a beligan style wheat and yeast aroma will the some sweet malt and cinnamon. Taste is a nice mix of a Belgian style beer (wheat, yeaste, light malt), some fruit and Christmas style ale (cinnamon and spices). A malty aftertaste.

keanex (1799) - Atco, New Jersey, USA - DEC 13, 2013
On tap at Joe Canals West Deptford.

Appearance: The body is murky with an amber to brown hue accompanied by a short light tan head that barely lasts. Very ugly beer.

Aroma: Doughy malts, very yeasty, with lots of banana Laffy Taffy. Decent strength and a bit sweet.

Taste: Sweet banana Laffy Taffy from start to finish with peppery phenols by the end.

Palate: Full-bodied and moderately carbonated.

Overall: This is borderline cloying with far too much esters, this is a banana bomb. This is better than I remember, but I’m reminded why I’ve avoided it since I first tried it. I will pass in the future.

NeoHippie2 (1074) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - DEC 11, 2013
Dark amber pour with an off-white head. Nice malty nose with some yeast notes. Flavor has notes of caramel and some brown sugar with some nice yeast character. I thought this was a decent American expression of a Belgian tradition. Not too shabby! Thanks to Mikeq215 for the bottle!