overall
RATINGS: 442   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Notice a unique aromatic nose with a hint of vanilla esters, which comes from the Belgian ale yeast. Tripel Horse has a big body and rich mouth feel and finishes mostly dry with only a touch of sweetness. If you shy from some of the sweeter Belgian ales, we think you will enjoy this one. The palate improves with age, so keep some on hand and you can ride Tripel Horse down a new path with each opened bottle.

erinc (14) - , TURKEY - NOV 2, 2014
From bottle. O’Hara.NY. very rich aroma not too spicy great taste of malt a little hoppy. Good one.

HomerBeerOdysy (103) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2014
APPEARANCE - Opaque orange, 1-finger head that dissipates eventually. Some lacing. AROMA/SCENT - Hoppy, sweet, a little herbaceous. TASTE - Herbaceous, not as sweet as most Tripels. ABV mostly hidden. MOUTHFEEL/PALATE/TEXTURE - Quite light, not syrupy. OK carbonation. OVERALL/DRINKABILITY - Quaffable, mild. Not a sipping beer.

nealblind (1864) - Seattle, Alabama, USA - SEP 26, 2014
very cloudy brown orange pour slight creaminess. Aroma of zesty orange, yeast. tastes rye wheat, orange, banana, fermented fruit, hearty unfiltered nature goes well with strong alcohol. sorta out of style though. is that nutmeg?!

kinghaig (2) - USA - SEP 18, 2014 does not count
Hey, I liked this! Rich and not too much spice nor too sweet. I look forward to the next one. This put me and my taste buds in a good mood real quick. Kept my interest indeed.

Cuso (8688) - Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - SEP 10, 2014
Bottle from jtclockwork, many thanks James. Orange yellow color with thick white head. Aroma of sweet malt, candies, Belgian yeast. Very sweet taste with candies, Belgian yest, caramel, alcohol. Typical Belgian, although it’s from US. Too sweet for me, being really enjoyable, but overall OK.

BLADT (700) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - AUG 30, 2014
Bottle from Whole Foods. Rich, amber gold color. Thin head. Nose is classic bubblegum yeast offset by mild citrus hops. Medium bodied. The booze is present throughout, and the flavors tend towards the too sweet end of the spectrum. Thankfully, this beer never really crosses that line. OK.

katrinaez (2019) - norristown, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2014
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2015 Good enough to have again. May be better warm. Not overly sweet, Not bitter. Missing something but can?t put my finger on it. Tap

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - AUG 11, 2014
I believe this is my last one from my sister. This was poured into a chalice. The appearance was a nice typical hazy orange bronzed over yellow color with a closer to thin finger-ed white foamy head that dissipated within less than forty seconds. The lacing was there and kinda all over the place. The smell had that "iced apple" aroma I almost always smell in Tripels with a nice light spicy clove-like characteristics showcasing themselves inside of a bready yeastiness. The taste was exactly the same. There really wasn’t much difference from the smell. On the palate, this one sat right at a medium with what wanted to be somewhat sessionable, but I found myself sipping this for the most part. The carbonation was slightly there, but I figured, it didn’t have to be since there was a fair amount going on that would keep things together. Overall, in my opinion, this was a good Tripel that I would have again.

Block (2727) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JUL 2, 2014
A pale pour with a white head, thin. Aroma is pungent of alcohol and yeast. I thought this was a markedly unbalanced beer. Too much alcohol and off yeast flavors.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUN 16, 2014
12 ounce bottle. Cloudy gold color topped by a small creamy white head. Slightly yeasty, citrus malt nose. Hints of wet cardboard. Sweet citrus malt upfront. Notes of yeast, vanilla and lemon peel. Earthy malt with some residual sweetness. The 10% ABV is barely noticeable. This is nice, but lacks the complex spiciness I expect from this style.