overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
A beer so enticing you may think it’s nectar from the gods. The name "Hala Kahiki" (Hah-lah-kah-hee-kee), originates from the Hawaiian words for pineapple. Feel the way it rolls off your tongue? Our sweet and refreshing beer will take you away...have a sip...grab a lei!

dmac (6438) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JUN 21, 2014
12oz can. Poured a not so great looking super cloudy light gold body with a foamy mostly white head. Aroma is nice, sweet juicy pineapple chunks, grains, sugar, mango. Medium body with lighter carbonation and a sweet lingering aftertaste. Flavor is pineapple, green apple, grains, toast. Not bad, actually pretty good on a hot hot day.

jdb288 (584) - Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA - JUN 20, 2014
Fresh can. Pours funky lemonade-yellow with a bit of white head. Aroma is - wait for it - pineapple, some biscuit dough, slightly floral. Taste is definitely tropical - that pineapple comes through quite well. Not overly sweet, but lighter bodied that I would have liked. Not a lot of depth in flavor here. For what it is - a sessionable, easy drinker - not bad at all.

DrewFace (969) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 12, 2014
Pours a hazy light yellow color. Big fruity, pineapple aroma, lightly tart, some funkiness to it. Lots of pineapple juice flavor, sweet, crisp, refreshing.

phaleslu (10555) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 8, 2014
I had some from the glass of my sister-in-law at Mellow-Mushroom in Hyde Park. She didn’t like it. Said it had a vomit quality. It pours a clear, light gold with a small white head. It actually does have some vomit/rancid cheese in the nose along with pineapple, sugar, and pale malts. The flavor is cleaner, with pineapple candy, straw, pale malts - almost like an undercarbonated pineapple soda. Light-bodied, with light carbonation and a sweet mouthfeel. Not very good. And I’m also not happy with the confusion this brewer’s entry into the Cincinnati market has caused because of our local brewer, Rivertown.

Dal9000 (665) - Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2014
At Dorothy lane market. Pours clear bright yellow with no head. Immediate bright taste of pineapple that is cold and refreshing. Smooth with no aftertaste or lingering flavor except for a not quite sweet pineapple finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

Evolutionary (515) - Ohio, USA - JUN 2, 2014
Tap at mellow mushroom. Amazing summer brew. Pour is way weak and that's the only drawback. Nose is pure pineapple. Notes of biscuit but domination by pineapple here. No hiding the pineapple. I'd definitely do it again. ---Rated via my mouth

dunn4040 (129) - Georgia, USA - MAY 28, 2014
Can thanks to artmcd8. Pours a bright light gold with a thin fizzy white head. I can definitely smell the pineapple just from the pour. Bringing the beer a little closer reveals some aromas of biscuit, dough, and yeast. The notes of sweet pineapple stand out the most though. Beer is very sweet, kind of in a weird way though. Hits you with a hint of bitterness in the front, followed by some flavor that I can’t quite describe before transitioning into a sugary sweet fruit taste that I can only relate to the syrup in canned fruit. They went full pineapple on this one, and you never go full pineapple when it comes to beer. I love pineapple too so I was expecting to really enjoy this one. There is a hint of sweet maltiness but the pineapple completely dominates everything else. Mouthfeel is lifeless and leaning towards a light syrupy kind of feel. Honestly this seems like something one of the big "BMC" companies would put out. Overall this beer was pretty "meh" on the first few sips. The longer it sits in the glass and the more I drink it, the more I don’t care for it. Interesting experience, will never try again though.

keanex (1799) - Atco, New Jersey, USA - MAY 27, 2014
Can.
Appearance: Slightly hazy pale golden body with a short and quickly dissipating white head that forms a very thin coating with a creamy ring.
Aroma: Pineapple is very present with a slightly earthy edge to it. I’m getting very thirsty just smelling this.
Taste: Oh this is nice! Sweet pineapple without the tartness that pineapples can sometimes have. The rest of the beer is very bland, hints of malts, but I’m okay with that. This is a refreshing beverage with alcohol.
Palate: Full-bodied, lightly carbonated.
Overall: I am likely in the minority with this opinion, but I love this. It’s pretty much a bland base beer with pineapple juice, but fuck I’ll take it any day. Other people have their shandy’s, I’ll have this.

Ed5388 (3488) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - MAY 22, 2014
12oz can from Crossroads. Pours a clear pale yellow color color with a finger of fast fading foamy white head. Aroma of pineapple, grass, grain, and yeast. Taste of sweet pineapple juice, grain, grass, light citrus zest, and a yeasty aftertaste. Too sweet for my liking.

nathan30533 (1020) - Clifton, Ohio, USA - MAY 19, 2014
Bad. Bad. Bad. Is this really even a beer? I don’t think so. Looks bad and taste bad.