overall
RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger.

zach8270 (4021) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUL 18, 2012
(draft @ 101 Bottles - Kent, OH) Very hazy orange pour with a thick white head. Candy and peaches mixed with a bitter wheat base at the start of the aroma. Flavor starts off a bit bitter and acidic, but as it warms, the peach flavors develop more and move almost to a slight creamsicle flavor with a light fruity aftertaste. Very refreshing.

icehawk (834) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - JUL 12, 2013
Cloudy wheat/amber with decent white head. Peach juice aroma. Intense peach/floral flavor. Finishes a bit soapy, but mostly fruity sweet (but not syrupy).

Busick (390) - Lake Wylie, South Carolina, USA - JUN 20, 2014
Hope you like peaches! This is an excellent peach beer that finishes smoothly and isn’t too overwhelming on the peach side!

freekyp (2389) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 2, 2017
Big bright fresh peach aroma is the name of the game here. RJ Rockers delivers a fruit beer that really lives up to It’s name. Pours hazy light amber with a frothy but quickly dissipating white head. Nice wheat cracker backing delivers a smooth crisp mouthfeel that allows the peach to really resonate. One of my favorite summertime seasonals.

ChainGangGuy (4920) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - APR 25, 2009
Appearance: Pours a clouded, appropriately wheat-hued body with a wispy, but lasting, white head. Smell: Predominately fruity but also fairly wheaten aroma with the bulk of the scent made up by ripe, juicy peaches. Aroma = Peaches > Wheat. Taste: Slightly tangy malted wheat with a few chunks of honey-coated graham crackers and tiny hint of vanilla. The sweetness, thankfully, is nicely restrained. Of course, there’s a strong peach flavor with a touch of tartness to it, though not quite as forward as the aroma suggested. I detect a slight bitterness, though no real discernible hop flavors. Finishes rather dry with a faintly tart lingering peach flavor. Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Medium carbonation. Drinkability: A fine, fruit-flavored wheat ale for a pint’s worth, particularly if you’re a peach aficionado. Though I can’t help but hold it aloft with a wink and declare it one for the la--HAHA, ah, that Ding. With only 7 reviews currently entered (over on BA), he’s already beaten me to that conclusion. Well, I still stand by my verdict -- Son of a Peach is one for the ladies! Which, now that I think about it, isn’t a half-bad name for a beer to begin with.

Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - MAY 8, 2009
12 oz bottle. Murky gold with a ringed white head. A whopper of a peach nose, not much past the sweet peachiness. The peach lays back in the flavor a bit, allowing a decent amount of wheat to come through. Spritzy body, which is a bit surprising from the appearance. Not overly sweet, in fact, a shade of tartness shows. Kinda agree with ChainGangguy - a bit of a chick beer, but refreshing nonetheless.

ben4321 (6678) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAY 29, 2009
Location: 12 oz bottle from Gilly’s, 5/29/09
Is this a newer one? Only 11 raters before me, and I got it in MD...

Aroma: Dominated by peach, a little wheat, sugary, more like a peach candy or peach gum then actual peach...
Appearance: Cloudy yellow gold, nice inch or 2 of fluffy white head
Flavor: Peach is still dominant, but more subtle then in the nose, nice sweet wheat beer flavor, I found it to be surprisingly good
Palate: Super easy to drink, certainly feel more like 4% beer then a 5.8% beer, fizzy too
Overall Impression: Look, its super fruity and light, but that was the point! If you don’t want a fruit beer you picked up the wrong bottle, but hey, you should’ve figured that out from the label. It’s not an Impy Stout there fella...I’m not a big fruit beer guy by any means, I rarely like them, and find most to be too sweet. After the nose, I thought this one was going to be too sweet for me too, but then I drank it, and found out they did a good job with this one, I really did enjoy it, and I ain’t gonna apologize for that!

**Just submitted a photo for this one, as it was missing one.

Bigmmartin (603) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - JUL 8, 2009
Uh... W T F. My first peach beer experience. And actually, it’s better than I expected. But I don’t really like peaches that much. If I did however, it would be excellent. Appearance is... peach color with what looks like bits of peaches floating around. Aroma is..... peaches. Flavor is... peaches. Palate is... peaches (ok that makes no sense). It’s very aromatic and flavorful. I can appreciate it for what it is and what they are going for. About as good as I can imagine a peach beer could be.

bubbleflubber (2235) - Swannanoa, North Carolina, USA - SEP 6, 2009
On draught at the High Country Beer Fest, it pours a hazy orange, with a nice foam cap that leaves spotty lace. Pure peach bouquet. The flavors are superbly integrated for peach pulp and juice, intermingling with some bready notes, wheat, and a slightly acidic sweet and sour finish. The mouthfeel is light and refreshing, and cuts through the heat perfectly in summer. As a general rule, most fruit beers get a bad rap as overprocessed, sometimes cloying, odd experimentations. I can say with all assurance that this offering is not any of those, and honestly tastes like a true, natural peach-infused ale. Nothing artificial about this brew here. Kudos to RJ Rockers.

iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - JUL 7, 2010
A really nice fruit wheat beer. Smell of peaches is very much noticeable and wheat is also mixed in there. A nice hazy yellow pour with a medium sized white head. Flavor of peaches put not overpowering and not too sweet, just right for a summer day. Good stuff!