overall
Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 4775   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.29/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

mohawksin's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - FEB 9, 2005
Thick, rich, and strong. It is very complex flavored with spices and dried fruit (I’d say prune). A good winter drink.

thanos024 (2) - - OCT 23, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2017 Amazing beer overall as many others have said. Great strong flavours, dark colour and very strong taste. You have to try it at the suggested temp though. 10/10!

BertPit (1) - NETHERLANDS - OCT 22, 2017 does not count
Omdat dit beer hier zo'n goede review kreeg heb ik het ook eens geprobeerd. Prima bier maar veel te veel nadruk op zoet. Voor iemand die van zoet houdt is het wellicht prima, helaas voor mij niet. Good beer but to sweet for me.

brandy cools (10) - antwerp, BELGIUM - OCT 22, 2017
Aroma: caramel, raisin,herbs, yeast, some roastiness. Appearance: a dark-copper brown with a nice close to foamy head. Taste: medium bitter and light sweet, nice balance with a good longlasting finish in which i taste a hint of the caramel and yeast again. Palate: full body, creamy with little more than average carbonation. My favorite of all Trappists and amongst my favorites of all beers.

bam023 (15) - - OCT 21, 2017
caramel, coffee, alcohol, butterscotch, brown, medium bitterness, medium sweetness, full body, creamy, bitter,

JohnnieMoonWalkR (2) - - OCT 21, 2017 does not count
My favorite beer by fare on a cold autumns day. Has be to appreciated in good company with lots of time. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Navers (206) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - OCT 21, 2017
I have very good memories about this beer, when I was drinking it around 10 years ago, before trying craft beers, it was magnificent back then. But today... I don't know what happened, this batch (best before 16.05.2022) was really disappointing. Aroma was plummy, dried fruits, molasses and alcohol, but somehow weak. Taste was really alcoholic and watery, malty, sugary and fruity. It tastes like a bad imitation of Belgian beer, alcoholic and without character. Bottle bought in shop called Smak Piwa.

kucharz (115) - Rzeszów, POLAND - OCT 20, 2017
rodzynki, winogron, ciastka maslane. swietny przedstawiciel gatunku. alkohol rozgrzewa na koniec w przelyku.

limbonicartbeer (118) - - OCT 19, 2017
Cerveza color café turbio con corona de espuma de baja retención que desaparece para dejar una corona de espuma de burbujas compactas en anillo que deja rastro en la copa. Aroma a levadura, dulce, frutas y una percepción de alcohol. Al paladar semi ligero de consistencia notas a levaduras belgas, dulce, cereales, alcohol sutil al final que calienta el paladar de manera agradable. Excelente cerveza. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bill Becker (1371) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Jun 2006 Poured from 33cl bottle(best by 08/09) a cloudy dark brown with a large head of foam that dissipated slowly leaving just a fine layer with lots of lacing. The smell is all sweet and fruity and yeasty with strong notes of plum. A very nice nose indeed. The taste is very sweet up front; I note molasses & fig(?) with just a touch of the plum that I noted in the smell and no yeasty flavour at all. The alcohol is not a factor in the taste but does create a bit of a warming feeling...nothing wrong with that but I know that 1 of these is all that I could handle at 1 sitting. ;^) Bottom line: I had this brew a couple of years ago and I have to honestly say, I didn't care much for it at the time but now, after expanding my palate's horizons, so to speak, I find this brew a definite winner and certainly a world class product. I thoroughly recommend it!

Youngil.j.cho (2) - - OCT 15, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 16, 2017 I’m not a Trappist lover, But this beer is awesome. It has complex aroma and taste.