overall
Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 4773   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.29/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

Jonathan3584's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 28, 2005
Brown pour with plenty of sediment under a big, foamy white head. Aroma is of yeast esters from clove to banana, as well as coriander, dried fruits, etc. Flavor is immensely complex Belgian yeast esters and spices. Solid malt in the background. Drier than I expected from an 11% beer, especially after having had Rochefort 8, which I felt had much more residual sugars in it. Very floral in overall flavor impression. Excellent.

Navers (205) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - OCT 21, 2017
I have very good memories about this beer, when I was drinking it around 10 years ago, before trying craft beers, it was magnificent back then. But today... I don't know what happened, this batch (best before 16.05.2022) was really disappointing. Aroma was plummy, dried fruits, molasses and alcohol, but somehow weak. Taste was really alcoholic and watery, malty, sugary and fruity. It tastes like a bad imitation of Belgian beer, alcoholic and without character. Bottle bought in shop called Smak Piwa.

kucharz (115) - Rzeszów, POLAND - OCT 20, 2017
rodzynki, winogron, ciastka maslane. swietny przedstawiciel gatunku. alkohol rozgrzewa na koniec w przelyku.

limbonicartbeer (115) - - OCT 19, 2017
Cerveza color café turbio con corona de espuma de baja retención que desaparece para dejar una corona de espuma de burbujas compactas en anillo que deja rastro en la copa. Aroma a levadura, dulce, frutas y una percepción de alcohol. Al paladar semi ligero de consistencia notas a levaduras belgas, dulce, cereales, alcohol sutil al final que calienta el paladar de manera agradable. Excelente cerveza. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bill Becker (1367) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Jun 2006 Poured from 33cl bottle(best by 08/09) a cloudy dark brown with a large head of foam that dissipated slowly leaving just a fine layer with lots of lacing. The smell is all sweet and fruity and yeasty with strong notes of plum. A very nice nose indeed. The taste is very sweet up front; I note molasses & fig(?) with just a touch of the plum that I noted in the smell and no yeasty flavour at all. The alcohol is not a factor in the taste but does create a bit of a warming feeling...nothing wrong with that but I know that 1 of these is all that I could handle at 1 sitting. ;^) Bottom line: I had this brew a couple of years ago and I have to honestly say, I didn't care much for it at the time but now, after expanding my palate's horizons, so to speak, I find this brew a definite winner and certainly a world class product. I thoroughly recommend it!

Youngil.j.cho (2) - - OCT 15, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 16, 2017 I’m not a Trappist lover, But this beer is awesome. It has complex aroma and taste.

Daboch (104) - Gdansk, POLAND - OCT 11, 2017
Ciemno brązowe, mętne piwo z obfitą pianą która dość szybko znika ale zostawia ładne ślady na szkle. Aromat intensywny rodzynki, winogrona, czarne porzeczki. W smaku podobnie plus karmel, brązowy cukier, lekko winne, dobrze zabalansowana wytrawnosc że słodyczą. Niezmiennie znakomite piwo

Barea (80) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - OCT 8, 2017
Bottle from supermarket. Aroma: honey, spice, plum, dried fruit, yeast. Golden color, long lasting foamy head, oily texture, full body. Taste: plum, dried fruit, red fruit, alcohol, honey, caramel notes. Slight bitter ending.

Raggyc (1) - - OCT 7, 2017 does not count
Ottnot as nice as I hoped The taste was average and there was no real aroma

WestSide_Mario (4) - - OCT 6, 2017 does not count
Wow just try this beer...it's the best I had in my life. Cheers Westside Mario! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cglans (304) - - OCT 6, 2017
33cl bottle. dark brown color. medium to big light beige head that lingers on. malt, brown sugar, caramel, yeast, misc fruits. medium bitterness with medium carbonation. a classic.