overall
Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 4770   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.29/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

iabeerguy's rating

iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - SEP 12, 2012
My first time with this beer, thanks to Oz for supplying it. Smell is somewhat boozy but I also get a bunch of fruit notes as well. Nice pour with a really nice head. Dark berries, grapes, dark chocolate aroma. Very nice sipper, the alcohol does not overwhelm, just a hint of burn going down, but the dark chocolate bitterness adds a nice touch at the end. A really great beer!

Bill Becker (1273) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 17, 2017
From Jun 2006 Poured from 33cl bottle(best by 08/09) a cloudy dark brown with a large head of foam that dissipated slowly leaving just a fine layer with lots of lacing. The smell is all sweet and fruity and yeasty with strong notes of plum. A very nice nose indeed. The taste is very sweet up front; I note molasses & fig(?) with just a touch of the plum that I noted in the smell and no yeasty flavour at all. The alcohol is not a factor in the taste but does create a bit of a warming feeling...nothing wrong with that but I know that 1 of these is all that I could handle at 1 sitting. ;^) Bottom line: I had this brew a couple of years ago and I have to honestly say, I didn't care much for it at the time but now, after expanding my palate's horizons, so to speak, I find this brew a definite winner and certainly a world class product. I thoroughly recommend it!

Youngil.j.cho (2) - - OCT 15, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 16, 2017 I’m not a Trappist lover, But this beer is awesome. It has complex aroma and taste.

Daboch (98) - Gdansk, POLAND - OCT 11, 2017
Ciemno brązowe, mętne piwo z obfitą pianą która dość szybko znika ale zostawia ładne ślady na szkle. Aromat intensywny rodzynki, winogrona, czarne porzeczki. W smaku podobnie plus karmel, brązowy cukier, lekko winne, dobrze zabalansowana wytrawnosc że słodyczą. Niezmiennie znakomite piwo

Barea (80) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - OCT 8, 2017
Bottle from supermarket. Aroma: honey, spice, plum, dried fruit, yeast. Golden color, long lasting foamy head, oily texture, full body. Taste: plum, dried fruit, red fruit, alcohol, honey, caramel notes. Slight bitter ending.

Raggyc (1) - - OCT 7, 2017 does not count
Ottnot as nice as I hoped The taste was average and there was no real aroma

WestSide_Mario (4) - - OCT 6, 2017 does not count
Wow just try this beer...it's the best I had in my life. Cheers Westside Mario! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

cglans (303) - - OCT 6, 2017
33cl bottle. dark brown color. medium to big light beige head that lingers on. malt, brown sugar, caramel, yeast, misc fruits. medium bitterness with medium carbonation. a classic.

alexgao (1) - - OCT 1, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2017 Best 没想到英国的罗10比中国贵那么多,在中国只要23就能买到一瓶. £5.5 per bottle in UK, ¥23 (less than £2.5)per bottle in China.

beton (678) - Tarnobrzeg, POLAND - OCT 1, 2017
Piwo skonsumowane. Ocena na podstawie retrospekcji w celu uzupełnienia profilu.

cozettecc (1) - - SEP 30, 2017 does not count
Very smooth but deceptively boozy! Alcohol does not overpower the flavour but definitely a first, not last beer of the night ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone