Rogue 12th Street Pilsner

overall
Formerly brewed at Rogue Ales
Style: Pilsener
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
This is the 4th of 15 Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Ales from Rogue. Available from Jan 15th 2004 to Feb 15th 2004 (or until they run out, whichever comes first), on tap and in commemorative 22oz bottles. 12th Street Pilsner measures in at 13 degrees Plato, 40 IBUs, 6 degrees Lovibiond, with an Apparent Attenuation of 75, Alcohol by Volume is 5.5%. Brewed with 4 ingredients: 100% imported malt, 100% Oregon grown Sterling Hops, a Czech pilsner yeast (not PacMan), and free-range coastal water.

mwsf (361) - San Francisco, California, USA - JAN 20, 2004
On tap: Quite a nice American take on a Czech Pils. Reminds me of Prima Pils and that's a good thing. Clear and straw-colored with a moderate white head. Nice clean aroma of malt and hops. This is my first experience with Sterling hops and I like them. Very similar to Czech Saaz. Firm bitterness. Moderately malty with some sweetness. Nice. I'd definitely like to sit down with a few more pints of this.

fidemaster (336) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - SEP 20, 2005
tried this awhile ago it was ok, but I didnt think it amerited any special response.

omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 28, 2004
Rogue Nation, San Francisco: Very meady with a citrusy nose. Light white head. Wheaty taste with a strong citrus overtone and a NICE accent of hops.

Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - APR 5, 2004
They might saved this beer for summer but for an ale brewery this is a great Pilsener. Yellow not completely clear but medium bubbled hear. Classic Czech hop aroma but they say they didn’t use Czech hops. They fooled me. Lacking a little in the malt part of this brew but not bad.

HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - MAY 5, 2004
I have to say, if all pilsners were like this, I’d probably drink more of them. Beautiful clear golden color and lovely white lasting head. Aroma of hops and malt-very floral and quite refined for an ale producer. Bitterness is well balanced and sharp-right in line for a pils. I still like the Imperial Pils better, but this was a very nice beer.

xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - FEB 7, 2004
I'm feeling adventerous today... I typically hate Pilsners, but I love Rogue...
Pours super yellow, really pale, with a pretty big white head. Leaves a ton of lacing on the glass. Flowery-honey scent, smells really sweet. Mouthfeel is bubbly and thicker than most other pilsners. Super hoppy, almost like a weird IPA. Kind of unique. Overall not bad.

doostinjcap (43) - Newport, Oregon, USA - APR 9, 2005
Good solid ale. Pilsners arnt my favorite by any means, but you have to give it to John C. Maier for his endless creations!

WABeerChick (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2004
Really carbonated, decent color. Aroma was okay. I think i expected more from Rogue considering the Morimoto Imperial Pilsner is fantastic - this was just okay.

Gregfrsmith (12) - FRANCE - JUL 28, 2016
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2016 Just trying to how to use the beer application. Dont quite understand the rating system sometimes out of 5 sometimes 10, maybe automatic weighting