Rogue Artisan Lager

Formerly brewed at Rogue Ales
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 27   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   ABV: -
Light bronze in color, medium-bodied, with a malt aroma, a slight malt sweetness and clean hop bitterness.

ampp (155) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 7, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2003 The best of the Rogue beers that I have tasted. Rich and smooth. I tasted the hops, but the malt balanced it out perfectly. I also like the statue and fireworks design on the 22 oz. bottle. I think i'll save the bottle.

lagerman99 (66) - USA - DEC 3, 2001
In general I’m not a big Rogue fan, but this stuff is special - big toasty malts, silk in the mouth, a bitter nuttiness on close. Yum.

TAR (2765) - Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, USA - OCT 24, 2001
My bottle was out dated. Beer was very unusually cloudy and unfiltered? Stale beer sucks. I think this is a limited edition forum, therefore I will not have anything to compare it to.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 20, 2000
big malt front, and a very crisp clean lager taste that is very appealing. Adequate hops, and a top notch Lager in my book.

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - OCT 2, 2000
amber colour, strong malt aroma like a bock beer, caramel, sweet - excellent

FOAMer (45) - Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA - AUG 25, 2000
Malt upfront in the nose. Veinna and Crystal malts show through. The bottle says they used Saaz, but I really don’t detect any in the aroma, although it may be very slight. The bottle has some yeast haze, which Rogue tends to have if you are not careful pouring. Nice color, amber to copper in color. Toasteness from the malts is nice. I like Vienna malts! Bitterness is in the background. There is some yeasty flavor, due to how the beer was poured. Nice creaminess in the mouth feel. Not over carbonated like some Vienna beers. I like this beer much better than the south of the boarder Vienna beers like Dos Equies, and Niegra Modelo. This is one the better versions of the style. This beer almost boardes an Octoberfest/Marzen. I would like to see an OG on the bottle. Since Rogue is good about that.

Oakes (17684) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 25, 2000
An excellent example of the Vienna style.