overall

RATINGS: 2224   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   IBU: 46   EST. CALORIES: 189   ABV: 6.3%
TASTING NOTES: A non-traditional India Pale Ale with big citrusy, hop flavor and intense hop aroma. Medium-bodied with a vibrant lingering hop-bitterness that is anything but brutal. Enjoy!

8 INGREDIENTS: 2-Row, Carawheat, C15 & Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Alluvial™ Hops; Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.

stiffy42j (68) - Brunswick, Georgia, USA - MAR 6, 2007
pours murky orange. floral hoppy aroma. Flovor is nice...very hoppy..but not too much. goes down smooth. VERY drinkable...Ill have again!

rm0312 (36) - Idaho, USA - MAR 6, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2007 From the bottle into my own Rogue pint glass - Loved the hoppiness of this beer as well as the bitter (but not too bitter) finish. Something of a citrus hint in there somewhere too. Great with steak or just about any hearty meal. One of my favorites...

CharlieMopps (22) - USA - FEB 25, 2007
Love the Rogues. I took my first sip waiting for the Brutality to start but it came only in a pleasant hoppiness. I don’t think I’d get this again because super hoppy beers are not my style, but anyone who likes IPAs will like this.

KingpinIPA (841) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 25, 2007
Amber color. Smell of malt, pine, evergreens, flowers, honey, citrus and hops. Taste of hops, pine, caramel, honey, malt, flowers, grapfruit, orange peal and grass. WOW! I really like this. Nice nutty bitterness at the end.

Rictus (126) - Dothan, Alabama, USA - FEB 25, 2007
It looks like what you would expect from a bitter/IPA/IIPA. Coppery... Ya know the look. Head was average. Piney hop aroma. Not brutal but it is a nice bitter. Would like to have Alittle more maltyness. I liked the taste. Rather average mouthfeel. It’s okay not too bad.

rayg1 (594) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 24, 2007
I’ve got to say I don’t have a whole lot of experience with this style, but here goes. The beer pours out a light brown color. Aroma is hoppy but subdued at the same time. Taste is not nearly as bitter as the name would let you think. This being said, the hops come out quite nice and then are farily balanced out. So, the beer is not bad, just not rediculously bitter as one would expect going in.

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2007
Not bad, I think the name might be a bit misleading as there was nothing brutally bitter here. Pours out a nice amber color with a small head. Aroma is a bit hoppy and had some grassy notes to it. Flavor was a bit bitter at first and then the finish disappeared. I was hoping for a bit more, but over all not a bad brew at all.

DrHomolka (761) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 20, 2007
22 oz bottle. Pours a nice bright orange with a small white head. Decent amount of carbonation. Aroma is sweet, citrusy hops with some oranges. Taste is smooth, sweet, with just a tiny amount of bitterness and hops. More mild than I anticipated especially with a name like brutal bitter.

rane (1094) - Nibe, DENMARK - FEB 20, 2007
Amber colóur with off white long lasting head. Aroma dominated by hopps, citrus and grass notes. Taste very bitter and reminding of an IPA. Finish is quite bitter and dry. I agree with those mentioning this beer as more of an IPA than an ESB.

Skeegle (566) - Maryland, USA - FEB 20, 2007
More of an IPA it tasted like me. A pale IPA in color, but succeeds in living up to the brutal bitter name by being very hoppy. Very citrusy with just enough malt to balance the hops, but they know their place. A good beer.