overall

RATINGS: 427   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
"This ain’t your Dad’s malt liquor" - Brewmaster John Maier After the death of his wife, Henry Jackson Smart was left to raise 6 young children alone. His courage, love, selflessness and dedication inspired his daughter, Sonora Smart Dodd, to organize the First Father’s Day on June 19th, 1910. In 1924 President Calvin Coolidge proclaimed the third Sunday in June as Fathers Day. President Nixon, in 1972, established it as a permanent day of national observance. Dad’s is brewed with Harrington and Klages malts, Flaked Corn, Crystal Hops, Free Range Coastal Water, and Czech Pils Yeast. Available in the spring of 2005 in the classic 22-ounce Rogue micropiece. Measurements: 17 degrees Plato, IBU 25, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 10 degrees.

1.1
fauskie (11) - USA - APR 18, 2007
Was not very happy with this beer at all. I bought for around $5 and was expecting better. Beer has an orangish-tan appearance and had a decent head after initial pour but it didn’t last long. The taste was not very desirable. It wasn’t very bitter but it left an astringic like taste on my palate. After taste was equally unpleasant and I’m not looking forward to finishing the rest of the pint!

BudWeiser (10) - West Linn, Oregon, USA - SEP 19, 2007
22oz’er. Yep it’s a malt liquor...just like the bottle says. However when forced to drink something like this....I would pcik this beer over a Mickey’s or King Corbra or an Old E. Goes down easy and smooth. No hot flavors or anything like that. Nice carb and very clear golden in color. For it’s style I would say it’s good.

1.2
WBC (8) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 25, 2006 does not count
22oz. Bomber Aroma: All bubblegum sweet corn with no hops. Appearance: light gold color with no lacing or retention. Flavor: Weak and thin with hardly any body(Not what I expect from a Malt liquor). Palate: I think this is leaving me with the feeling I need to open another beer to actually taste something, there’s nothing happening in this beer completely one dimensional! Overall: An unbalanced beer, and in my opinion a less than adequate effort from John and company(Good thing there’s plenty more Rogue to try!).

goswim (3) - Chester, Maryland, USA - APR 23, 2007 does not count
I liked it. Of course, this is my first beer rating here, as I’m venturing away from the standard over the counter junk. I’ve bought many new beers, so I’m sure it’s going to find it’s place amongst my list.

EB (3) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 28, 2008 does not count
anyone who says this beer is ok, has to be dying of thirst. i dont know how you seppos drink that horrible rubbish. almost makes me want to pick up a pure blond for less than a 1/4 of the price. fucking horrible. sweet corn and nothing else. not evan ordinary just rubbish!!

0.9
Vango (1) - USA - DEC 31, 2007 does not count
Gross, dude. It smells like homeless people and tastes like dumpster juice. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed many a tasty beverages from the fine folks at Rogue. Hell, I applaud the attempt. But still...you can polish a turd, but all you’re left with is a shiny piece of poop. Or in this case, liquid poop.

mdawson (1) - USA - NOV 26, 2006 does not count
I agree with the general consensus here. The beverage is fine...for malt liquor. I thought the beer looked great. The copper color was nice. The aroma was definitely below average and without alot of character. Taste was decent. Sweet and malty with corn and fruit and a tad of hops. It finished with a little more alcohol taste than I expected but I’m not an expert on this type of beer. For more details, I reviewed this beer on my blog at http://mybaryourbar.com/2006/11/25/rogue-dads-litt