overall

RATINGS: 422   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
"This ain’t your Dad’s malt liquor" - Brewmaster John Maier After the death of his wife, Henry Jackson Smart was left to raise 6 young children alone. His courage, love, selflessness and dedication inspired his daughter, Sonora Smart Dodd, to organize the First Father’s Day on June 19th, 1910. In 1924 President Calvin Coolidge proclaimed the third Sunday in June as Fathers Day. President Nixon, in 1972, established it as a permanent day of national observance. Dad’s is brewed with Harrington and Klages malts, Flaked Corn, Crystal Hops, Free Range Coastal Water, and Czech Pils Yeast. Available in the spring of 2005 in the classic 22-ounce Rogue micropiece. Measurements: 17 degrees Plato, IBU 25, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 10 degrees.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 19, 2006
Almost clear yellow body with a small white head. Smell of honeyed cereals. Taste is buttery plain cookies, sweet, some corn. Very cold it wasn’t very tasty so was almost drinkable but a few minutes after the pour it was developing a terrible movie popcorn taste. Like my cousin Louis for my family, this beer is the shame of the Rogue family.

fauskie (11) - USA - APR 18, 2007
Was not very happy with this beer at all. I bought for around $5 and was expecting better. Beer has an orangish-tan appearance and had a decent head after initial pour but it didn’t last long. The taste was not very desirable. It wasn’t very bitter but it left an astringic like taste on my palate. After taste was equally unpleasant and I’m not looking forward to finishing the rest of the pint!

JPDIPSO (6298) - Wauwatosa, USA - OCT 17, 2007
Liquid that is lightly hazed and dark golden color. An atypical fizzy off-white head that diminishes to the few remaining bubbles that float to the top and find their way to the edge of the glass and die a slow death. Aromas of grain and corn mush, along with some sour grape wine. Hints of pale malt surrounded by syrupy goo and alcohol. A thin corn sugar with a hint of herbal hops. Biting in the finish and into the linger. Luckily little is left in the end. A great effort to make a brew that matches our style guidelines. I have actually had a couple of malt liquors at brew pubs that do not taste like the typical malt liquor from City Brewery (they are real good at making these sugary alcoholic bombs) that actually are malt based and are fine brews. The one I long for is Great Dane’s Pre Pro-tel Memorial Malt Liquor; it was named after the brew pubs original delivery van and was a fine hearty, malt liquor. Not this cheap tasting piece of crap. To think I was actually excited to find this, thinking it may actually be a well made brew. As a single Dad I am even offended by the fact that they add the story of father’s day to the side of the bottle. Bah!

Chucks66 (85) - Beachwood, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2006
I’m sorry. Did not finish. I just couldn’t do it. I tried. I really tried.

BigMilly8 (389) - Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA - FEB 8, 2008
From bottle : Pours very clear light gold color, with a small white head that quickly dies to little patches of foam on the surface. Nose of sourness, alcohol, corn, and some malt, a mixture that im not finding very appealing at the moment, or any moment for that matter. Taste is horrible, even worse then the smell. It has some malt and corn flavors, but leaves a aweful stale taste in your mouth, i would rather drink pee. Medium body, sticky palate, horrible beer.

0.9
Vango (1) - USA - DEC 31, 2007 does not count
Gross, dude. It smells like homeless people and tastes like dumpster juice. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed many a tasty beverages from the fine folks at Rogue. Hell, I applaud the attempt. But still...you can polish a turd, but all you’re left with is a shiny piece of poop. Or in this case, liquid poop.

0.7
bigabe (194) - California, USA - JAN 30, 2011
I would rather drink a tall can of Old English. This is like drinking any cheap old malt liquor, except it adds an extra bit of yeasty funk to the nose and the finish. This beer is gross. I’ll take any macro in the cooler over this abortion.

Cobra (1100) - - JUN 4, 2007
22 oz. bottle. Poured out a piss yellow, with a thin soapy head. This shit gave me an instant stomach ache. It has to be spoiled or nasty from jump street. Even my g/f says it’s spolied. Citrusy nose, with soapy background. Smells a lot like lemon Joy. Certified drain pour.

EB (3) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 28, 2008 does not count
anyone who says this beer is ok, has to be dying of thirst. i dont know how you seppos drink that horrible rubbish. almost makes me want to pick up a pure blond for less than a 1/4 of the price. fucking horrible. sweet corn and nothing else. not evan ordinary just rubbish!!