overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 3846   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Dead Guy is a German-style Maibock made with Rogueís proprietary "PacMan" ale yeast. It is deep honey in color with a malty aroma, rich hearty flavor and a well balanced finish. Dead Guy is created from Northwest Harrington, Klages, Maier Munich and Carastan malts, along with Perle and Saaz Hops.
In the early 1990s Dead Guy Ale was created as a private tap sticker to celebrate the Mayan Day of the Dead (November 1st, All Souls Day) for Casa U Betcha in Portland, Oregon. The Dead Guy design proved popular and was incorporated into a bottled product a few years later with MaierBock as the elixir.

awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 31, 2005
A pretty good beer. Rich and malty, medium to heavy bodied. Touches of hops make this beer pretty enjoyable.

bourne (161) - Suwon, SOUTH KOREA - OCT 31, 2005
12oz bottle. Coppery color from the bottle, head lasts long enough. Aromas of corn and a hint of caramel. You can taste the caramel, finishes lightly bitter and dry. Not too bad.

porterhouse (1580) - Boothbay, Maine, USA - OCT 31, 2005
(22 oz. bottle) Body is medium amber-orange, head is thin and fizzy, no lacing. Aroma malty sweetness and honey. Mouthfeel pretty smooth, some bitterness in finish. Flavor pretty good, mild malty sweetness. Nice, not spectacular. A little thin if this is supposed to be a bock. Bocks arenít ales, so why is this named as an ale?

Bailz316 (256) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 29, 2005
Pours a light brown with very small tan head. Heavily carbonated. Nothing stands out in the nose. Floral, earthy notes. Malty. Bitter finish.

jdjuice (500) - Kumamoto, JAPAN - OCT 27, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2008 Bottle of White Crane Ale. Kind of crappy, Japan-macro like aroma. Taste is a bit surprising, a bit better than the aroma led me to believe. Strong but not overpowering hops, an interesting sweetness and nice mellowness make this a pretty interesting and drinkable beer. Not bad.

ELPADRINO (70) - The Woodlands, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2005
Pours a red-orange color with a quarter inch head. Aroma is a blend of hops and citrus. Flavor is similar to smell. A good balance of hops with a fruity back end. I also detect nutmeg riding the back of an acoholic twinge. Despite the higher alcohol content, this beer is smooth through the finish. A good bock overall. Lots of bold flavors to explore. I actually drank a full one first before writing the review on the second bottle. Iím sure Iíll find more to explore on the third.

FistFullOfCats (163) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - OCT 25, 2005
This has become the standard by which I judge all ales. Perhaps not spectacular, but still pretty great, it will leave you coming back for more and more. When I think ale (as vague as that term is) this is what I think of. Not for everybody, but everybody should try it at least once.

gdoak (23) - Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2005
wow, this has a ton of ratings. anyway, iíve had this in 12 oz. bottles, 64 oz. jugs, and on tap. Though I havenít had a huge number of mai bocks, this is my favorite. a little sweetness, nice color.

shanereid (75) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - OCT 24, 2005
To be honest... this was overrated the first time I tried it but it grew on me after that. I found myself wanting to buy it again. It had that dry, light caramel taste that I wa slooking for. That said, it is not -fantastic- but drinkable again.

brettpace (176) - New York City, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2007 A good beer, but a bit overrated. Based on my friends telling me how good it was I was expecting something better. I am a huge fan of Rogue beers too, but i prefer their other beers to this.