overall
RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Formerly Chatoe Rogue Pumpkin Patch Ale.

The newest addition to the Chatoe Rogue series is Pumpkin Patch Ale, a beer made using fresh pumpkins grown in a patch that borders Rogue’s 42 acre hop yard. The pumpkins are picked, loaded into Rogue’s farm truck, driven immediately 77 miles to our brewery in Newport, quickly roasted, and pitched into the brew kettle to create a batch of Pumpkin Patch Ale.

gilvanblight's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gilvanblight (825) - Windsor, Ontario, - JAN 3, 2013
A bit late in the season for this one but I found it while looking through the Xmas selection at the LCBO. Very hazy brown pour with a thin but noticeable head. Strong pumpkin and spice smell. Overpowers everything else. Taste is synthetic, well not beer like. It tastes like beer with crap added. Sure enough that’s what it is, and that addition is pumpkin, and man can you taste that. This is the most Pumpkin tasting Pumpkin ale I’ve had. I can’t really decide if this is a good or a bad thing. It tastes odd, not the way a beer should taste. Trying to forget that it’s a beer and see if I enjoy it I find I do. A lot. Not easy to drink. That spice tends to make your throat close up on a big swig, so this is a sipper. Brings to mind thoughts of pumking pie, thanksgiving, family and good times. The aftertaste is brilliant. It makes me keep wanting more, which is good since it’s a big bottle. Yeah I think I dig this. It’s lacking some beer qualities I expect to find due to them being overpowered but I can’t really say that it’s a bad thing as the end result is rather good.

Bricks (1125) - Delaware, USA - MAY 14, 2017
Beautiful beer.. nice head, lacing.. great dark red color. Smells like a Yankee Candle reminiscent of the fall season...Taste is above average for a pumpkin beer.. allspice, etc. it’s all there. Balanced. this might be the best pumpkin beer I’ve had.

AleRider78 (1114) - Winchester, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 20, 2017
Pours a foamy off-white creamy head and has a cloudy, dark amber/copper appearance with red hues. Weak lacing. Aromas of pumpkin spice can be found immediately, along with nutty malts and earthy hops. Flavours are similar with huge pumpkin, orange citrus, spices, mild hops and hints of cinnamon. Goes down pretty easy. Nice warming sensation on the palate and slight tnigling mouthfeel as well, fairly slick. Quite enjoyable.

Beergaard (338) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JAN 28, 2017
Pretty decent stuff. Caramelish sweetness and loads of pumpkin pie like spices. Not revolutionary, but quite dead on.

bdleedahl (436) - , Saskatchewan, CANADA - NOV 24, 2016
Nicely made pumpkin beer. The pumpkin flavour is clean and relatively strong, a little artificial tasting, maybe due to filtering. Bottle in Sk. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

UXO (1896) - CANADA - NOV 18, 2016
Appearance: clear medium amber with a thin beige head that retains poorly, no lacing. (3/5) Aroma: cinnamon, nutmeg, vegetal pumpkin, caramel and brown sugar. (7/10) Taste: moderate-high sweet, moderate bitter. (7/10) Medium body, lively to moderate carbonation, slightly sweet medium duration finish. (3/5) Yeah, yeah - another punkin ale. Hey, I figured that since I love to hate on both the brewery and the style, it’s win-win either way: either I get to complain about one or the other (or both), or I get a good beer. And, it’s actually (sorta kinda) a good beer. So, I guess I’m vaguely disappointed that I don’t get to complain. Can I complain about that? Seriously, not bad - definitely as much vegetal pumpkin as spice character, and although it’s sweet it’s at least somewhat balanced by the bittering. I’ve had a lot worse examples of the style, and not many better. (14/20)

chadski (140) - California, USA - NOV 13, 2016
Relatively subtle. Overall decides to go more vegetal in its aroma and flavors instead of sweeter and spicier. Decent but not overly impressive. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rlgk (18850) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - NOV 13, 2016
Draught at Rogue, San Fransisco. Clear derp copper beer with a decent beige head. Fruity spicy aroma, grapes, citrus, some cinnamon. Cinnamon flavor, raisins, close, some earthy notes. Ok.

mjmoen (534) - - OCT 14, 2016
B. Pours a clear copper color with white head. Spicy aroma and pumpkin spice beer

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 7, 2016
This beer doesn’t taste like a pumpkin beer so much as it does an Oktoberfest kind of beer. It’s very autumnal and a little spicy, which is nice, but I don’t get much by way of pumpkins. Still very enjoyable and very smooth.

AnokaBrewer (207) - Anoka, Minnesota, USA - OCT 1, 2016
Copper color with a pumpkin spice aroma. Not a lot of carbonation. Sweet taste with some bitterness in the finish from the spices.