overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Brown Ale
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 2615   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7/5   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Dark brown in color with a hazelnut aroma, a rich nutty flavor and a smooth malty finish. Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale is a blend of Great Western 2-row Pale, Munich, Hugh Baird Brown, Crystal 80 and Crystal 135, Carastan, and Beeston Pale Chocolate malts; hazelnut extract; Perle and Saaz hops.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

dankfor20 (196) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 25, 2002
Had a 22Oz of this last night and i thought it was pretty good nuthin I could drink a sixer of, in a night, but one definately is a tastey treat. Its just a little sweet for my tastes to drink a lot of it. Other than that great brew.

carlitos99 (184) - The Big Apple, USA - AUG 24, 2002
Just had this last night -- its sweet and slightly nutty. I enjoyed it and so did my brother!

Schroppfy (2362) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - AUG 19, 2002
Given my love of smokier, roastier (or caramelly + hoppy = Poppy Jasper) Brown Ales, and relative dislike of nutty Browns, I approached this with some trepidation. No worries...a fine beer here, to be sure. Has a lot to recommend it; a fair palate, although pretty carbonated (too much?), a good hop finish. In the end, however, it is just far too hazelnutty for my tastes. Aroma, flavor finish, all over this thing you will find hazelnut. My wife would even like it in her morning coffee, I'm sure.

Panzuriel (2496) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 18, 2002
It doesn't get much better than this beer. Rich Nutty Flavor, Sweet and smooth finish, pleasant aftertaste.

mribm (463) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2002
This is one amazing brown ale! The first thing that grabbed me was the aroma of hazelnuts from the beer that is dark brown with a nice thick head. Then came the taste that blew me away. It was more hazlenuts mixed with chocolate and had a very smooth finish. Today was the first time I've tried this beer, and definately not the last.

JPDIPSO (6325) - Wauwatosa, USA - AUG 10, 2002
As a un-fan of brown ales this is one of the tops in my history. As good a looking beer as any. A wonderfully clear rudy/amber color with a light tan, unassuming head. Reminds me of 'Cracker Jacks' - Toffee and nutty. Smooth with a mild malt finish.

stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - AUG 10, 2002
In this case, I'm assuming nectar is short for nectar of the gods. One of the best nut brown ales ever.

Jokes (1455) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 5, 2002
Beautiful brown/dark red beer. The aroma is comprised of nuts with a bit of surprizing sweetness. Chocolate and nuts are most notable. It is very creamy and smooth. Easy to see why this one is called 'Nectar'.

SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 4, 2002
Nice dark brown beer, with nice malt flavor and a strong nut presence. Sweet finish that took me by surprise, but still quite good. Well worth drinking any time.

hopscotch (11555) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2002
This beer mega-rocks. The color is a beautiful, dark crimson (Roll Tide). Ok, the ale smells like an American macrobrew, but the flavor is malty, nutty, malty, nutty and not sweet. I thought aroma and flavor were interwoven in humans. How did Rogue pull this off? Why? Did I mention that this ale is really malty and nutty. Don't let the NECTAR portion of the name fool you, it really isn't sweet at all... it's hopped perfectly. HAZELNUT HEAVEN. The best brown ale I've had since LongShot Hazelnut Brown was brewed by the Boston Brewing Company back in 1995-1996. Anybody with me?